Rugby...

'Dale

With all due respect that is actually bull dust. So everyone knew this except the actual referees?

The guy cheated just as much as Lance, bit because he got away with it he's supposed to be remembered as a hero

I don’t give a hoot whether he was a hero or not.

Have you watched his documentary, or read his book? Probably not, along with every other person that thinks he was a cheat. The man got away with a lot because he knew how to, then revealed it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you watched his documentary, or read his book? Probably not, along with every other person that thinks he was a cheat. The man got away with a lot because he knew how to, then revealed it.

Lance or Richie? Serious question, but funny that I have to ask...

Lance or Richie? Serious question, but funny that I have to ask...

Both [emoji1787]

Seriously, Richie knew how to push the boundaries to his advantage, and got away with it.

Ja ou Richie; if I was cynical I would say he manipulated he refs like Lance manipulated the cycling authorities of the day. But, based on a talk from Craig Joubert he did it much more pleasantly; but did it non the less. Richie and Paddy O'Brien were unstoppable.  :ph34r:

damn this oke just keeps producing!

Cool Video, like his style. 100x better post match analysis than anything Supersport can come up with.

With all due respect that is actually bull dust. So everyone knew this except the actual referees?

The guy cheated just as much as Lance, bit because he got away with it he's supposed to be remembered as a hero

Haha ok sure

An amazing documentary, and exactly that.

Funny how all the armchair critics call him the biggest cheat, yet world rugby think he is possibly the best player to have played the game

seriously comparing Richie to a drug lord?  :mellow:

Pushing the boundaries of the ref on the day is absolutely part of the game. 

Richie could adapt every game to every ref given the situation. Along with his leadership and never given up attitude, thats what made him the legend he is. If you cant appreciate that (along with his formidable record) i suggest you stop watching rugby all together. 

seriously comparing Richie to a drug lord?  :mellow:

Pushing the boundaries of the ref on the day is absolutely part of the game. 

Richie could adapt every game to every ref given the situation. Along with his leadership and never given up attitude, thats what made him the legend he is. If you cant appreciate that (along with his formidable record) i suggest you stop watching rugby all together. 

Well one man's "pushing the boundaries" is another man's "cheat".

Let's hear it from the man himself

The New Zealand rugby world has been shocked today by the admission from All Blacks’ captain Richie McCaw that he cheats while playing in Canterbury colours.

Speaking at a hastily called press conference by his Super Rugby team, the Crusaders, McCaw said he wanted to set the record straight. “What people from Auckland and Wellington have long suspected is true,” said a sullen looking McCaw, “I don’t just push the boundaries of the breakdown law when I’m playing for Canterbury or the Crusaders, I aim to cheat at every single ruck I encounter.”

“Whether it’s putting my hands in the ruck in, or taking my sweet time to roll away, I constantly cheat to ensure that my team gets the maximum possible advantage,” continued McCaw. “I always know the refs are going to give me the benefit of the doubt because I’m Richie McCaw, so I take advantage of that and cheat to my heart’s delight.”

Crusaders management, who were unaware that McCaw was going to make the admission, were instantly on the defensive. “Look, Richie has said what he’s said, and at the end of the day, he’s the All Blacks’ captain so he can do no wrong in our eyes.”

When asked that, given he plays the same way in the All Blacks as he does for Canterbury, if that meant he was cheating when wearing the black jersey, McCaw was quick to deny any wrong doing. “What, no, of course not. What I do is clearly legal when I’m playing for the All Blacks. It might look the same, but it’s not, honestly, don’t be stupid!”

Well one man's "pushing the boundaries" is another man's "cheat".

Let's hear it from the man himself

Hahaha, the legitimacy of that site is seriously questionable, especially the whole Dan Carter having a Aaron Cruden voodoo doll, not mention Lions deciding not play in New Zealand in 2017

the thing with All Black and new zealnad rugby is that they are the best players in the world.

I'm not disputing that.

BUT because of this they seem to have some sort of untouchable aura, and they can do no wrong. Once you realise this, and watch them play with a cynical view you will not believe the amount of favours they get given. And because we're conditioned to it, no one bats and eyelid.

this video sums it up for me perfectly. done by an Aussie, prompted on a complaint by Victor (who is not really a moaner normally)

If you want to see some classic Richie doing his world class stuff, go to 5:40. he finally gets penalised at ruck, and again it next move in the red zone, gets warned.

does it again in the red zone, ok now it's your final warning.

does it again, no problemos.

and that is how he never got yellow carded. the refs were just too scared or something.

Hahaha, the legitimacy of that site is seriously questionable, especially the whole Dan Carter having a Aaron Cruden voodoo doll, not mention Lions deciding not play in New Zealand in 2017

did you not see the font i used, thing is - even though it's satire, it's mostly true, which kind of proves my point.

I suspect this is fake news.

Just look at the way it is written and how it is said.

just replying to this as it's a classic quote worth quoting.

totally satire. 

but the fact that you're not sure is what is interesting. 

nope, but i did see this one he starred in!

I probably should do just that, would rather not give him any $$$ though!