Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is actually a 6-2 split, but we get the jist of what you meant ;)

I also feel uncomfortable with just Steyn and Jantjies covering the backs. Only real option is to drop Mostert and bring Willemse onto the bench.

Have to think our chances would take a serious nose-dive if Pollard gets injured early in the game, regardless of who from this Matchday 23 slots into his position. 

I suspect we will see a slightly different gameplan on Sunday from the Boks compared to how they approached Japan. Would love to see Pollard and our Centres have a go at the line with some running rugby.

But this is knockout rugby, just get the win in the bag so we can go play the All Blacks in the decider, no matter what it looks like.

yes 6-2 indeed.

after sunday's flawless goalkicking i am even more concerned about what happens if pollard goes off after 10 minutes, or even halftime.

we would have had frans steyn kicking for posts, he probably still has the gun distance but never had the pinpoint boot we saw.

I really think 5 locks is a luxury we can't afford, don't want to doubt rassie or tempt fate but this could really backfire.

SNIP

But this is knockout rugby, just get the win in the bag so we can go play the All Blacks in the decider, no matter what it looks like.

I typed this on purpose in the hopes that it will jinx the All Blacks...

You're welcome!;)

OK, I'll bite...

What was the advice?

orright

bullsh1t baffles brains

support your team no matter what sort of k$k they dishing up(go Lions)

take whatever free k$k you can get, SARS doesn't know about it then

don't worry about sommige ou tannies on facebook, you can block them

get spare hats, as you will lose them and that's your callsign (that one i actually got from Jackparow)

bullsh1t baffles brains

hardest job in SA rugby is not Springbok coach.

it's the tailor who makes this guy's suits

http://storage.news.nowmedia.co.za/medialibrary/Article/196277/Grande-Roche-Hotel-appoints-South-African-brand-ambassador-800x400.jpg

Can't be that hard, very badly tailored suit that.

We always knew that though. It was public from when he first took over

My surprise pick for Bok coach post RWC would be Deon Davids. I was genuinely impressed at how he handled the rotten deal he was given at the Kings. I think he is a lot better than what his record there would suggest he is. It would however be a surprise if he does get the job.

My surprise pick for Bok coach post RWC would be Deon Davids. I was genuinely impressed at how he handled the rotten deal he was given at the Kings. I think he is a lot better than what his record there would suggest he is. It would however be a surprise if he does get the job.

Who?

Did he win any games?

No real candidates bashing down the door.

Wouldn't be surprised if rassie engineers it that no one suitable is found and he steps back in

Who?

Did he win any games?

No real candidates bashing down the door.

Wouldn't be surprised if rassie engineers it that no one suitable is found and he steps back in

Deon Davids coached at the Southern Kings for a while. Can't off hand remember how long but he generally struggled to hold onto a squad but the one season he did he managed 11th in SR back when it was an 18 team tournament. IIRC a young Mapimpi was his star wing and Lionel Cronje his go to flyhalf.

I played college rugby under him. Let me just say he's not the coach for the rainbow nation. Edited by Boerklong

I wonder if Brendan Venter would it his hand up for this.

If I think back, rassie was one player you could see destined to become a coach. He was dynamic and clearly had a rugby brain.

Another guy would be fourie du preez, I could imagine him being an incredible coach. He's smart enough to be playing with people's money instead

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/big-interview-fourie-du-preez/

Seeing how Rassie operates I imagine whoever is going to take over from him has long been decided. My bet is on Jacques Nienaber, they already have a long history of working together and I think Rassie would want as much continuity as possible.