Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dumb suggestion... with rugby being so physical these days. Injuries will happen. 3 Subs are silly and will spoil more games as teams may be forced to play with reduced players.

This also throws out the tactical substitutions as coaches will hold back in case of injuries.

English still looking for excuses it seems.

dumb suggestion... with rugby being so physical these days. Injuries will happen. 3 Subs are silly and will spoil more games as teams may be forced to play with reduced players.

This also throws out the tactical substitutions as coaches will hold back in case of injuries.

English still looking for excuses it seems.

There was a game where England never used a substitute in the game. My memory seems to roll back to the 1991 final vs Aus, with Will Crlng the captain. I could be wrong, so I better go look, and then edit if I'm wrong.

There was a game where England never used a substitute in the game. My memory seems to roll back to the 1991 final vs Aus, with Will Crlng the captain. I could be wrong, so I better go look, and then edit if I'm wrong.

different era.

back then you only got on if injured - which meant that you got fake injuries, and people having miraculous recvories from pulled hamstrings.

uhm. he does realise that 2 of the tightfive came on in the 20th minute? and Rassie took a huge risk playing the 6-2 bench split. i know i don't get flown around the world to talk rugby, but either he doesn't really know what he's talking about or is just looking for a tenuous angle to try and get some limelight amongst the noise.

there's a reason why it went from a matchday 22 to a matchday 23 and you always have 2 entire frontrows in your squad.

edit: updated with the headline of his column going into the world cup final...tobacco+pipe=>smoke it

Guscott column: George Ford can’t do much wrong at the moment Edited by Shebeen

different era.

back then you only got on if injured - which meant that you got fake injuries, and people having miraculous recvories from pulled hamstrings.

uhm. he does realise that 2 of the tightfive came on in the 20th minute? and Rassie took a huge risk playing the 6-2 bench split. i know i don't get flown around the world to talk rugby, but either he doesn't really know what he's talking about or is just looking for a tenuous angle to try and get some limelight amongst the noise.

there's a reason why it went from a matchday 22 to a matchday 23 and you always have 2 entire frontrows in your squad.

edit: updated with the headline of his column going into the world cup final...tobacco+pipe=>smoke it

Guscott column: George Ford can’t do much wrong at the moment

There were 6 subs allowed in 1991 RWC, according to the Wiki pages.

I definitely remember a game featuring England, where they never used a single sub. 

despite not being loved by their fathers, they both made it to the england team?

Sorry never answered my little trivia question.... They both faced up to Frans Steyn in a rugby world cup match

So because no one else was as tactical it's no a problem. As mentioned.. It was a huge gamble and because he stuck with his strategy thought the tournament... It worked. Even if he didn't sub any forward in the final... They would still have had fresher legs than the poms.

Second point... Reduce the substitutions will see an increase in uncontested scrums.. Now there's one way to make a game boring!

I agree with you stretch. And, its not like they couldnt do the same. Damn Poms moaning as per usual. The rules are the same for everyone, they couldnt compete and thats the end of the story. And to top it all off some former box from Ireland is saying our boys are all doping, since Dyanti got busted he reckons we are all on juice. These idiots sure know how to cry like babies.

Viva Bokke Viva!

So because no one else was as tactical it's no a problem. As mentioned.. It was a huge gamble and because he stuck with his strategy thought the tournament... It worked. Even if he didn't sub any forward in the final... They would still have had fresher legs than the poms.

Second point... Reduce the substitutions will see an increase in uncontested scrums.. Now there's one way to make a game boring!

I agree with you stretch. And, its not like they couldnt do the same. Damn Poms moaning as per usual. The rules are the same for everyone, they couldnt compete and thats the end of the story. And to top it all off some former box from Ireland is saying our boys are all doping, since Dyanti got busted he reckons we are all on juice. These idiots sure know how to cry like babies.

Viva Bokke Viva!

I think we have a massive problem with steroids at schoolboy rugby level. I would hope that those who make it through to national level aren't!

Probably so, I mean we have seen how many youngsters busted at the u/19 week over the recent years. But this pillick's comments that our WC victory should have an asterisk next to it because 1 player got picked up, is ridiculous, and purely out of spite. Suppose you have to consider the criticism from whence it comes...

I think we have a massive problem with steroids at schoolboy rugby level. I would hope that those who make it through to national level aren't!

who is SPICY PLUM?!!

https://twitter.com/StevenKitshoff/status/1174556996772749312?s=09&fbclid=IwAR1iD_CzeYu0d8E6acvXBeEe0ZMDzhU9lIkY5q8wQJ1AEW4tngcdbWkleGo

whenever dean furman gets the ball, the commentators say MLUNGU

in the oval ball world whenever kitsie crashes it up in open play, it's Kaunda saying SPICY PLUM!

[yes, i have been watching replays of the final as it's on rotation and it's worth switching the language!]

Sorry never answered my little trivia question.... They both faced up to Frans Steyn in a rugby world cup match

wow that's cool trivia.

pop quiz. schalk burger has played the most RWC matches for the Boks (20) in his 3 tournaments. He never got a RWC card, who leads the Boks in RWC yellow cards?

wow that's cool trivia.

pop quiz. schalk burger has played the most RWC matches for the Boks (20) in his 3 tournaments. He never got a RWC card, who leads the Boks in RWC yellow cards?

Butch...or....bakkies

Probably so, I mean we have seen how many youngsters busted at the u/19 week over the recent years. But this pillick's comments that our WC victory should have an asterisk next to it because 1 player got picked up, is ridiculous, and purely out of spite. Suppose you have to consider the criticism from whence it comes...

Here's some Video footage of Ireland winning the rugby world cup

4fb3730151d2dbbaad625b86e49273d5.gif

wow that's cool trivia.

I remember he got cited though for a dangerous tackle in the 2007 WC though, got a 4 game suspension which reduced to 2 after Johan Rupert flew in some lawyers to help out