Berge and Dale ride?

Mojoman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather was obviously a factor but sad that there were only 800-odd finishers of the 109km race.

Don’t think the new 109km route was conducive to getting more entrants as it’s pretty hard.

ASG is obviously prone to taking some liberties when it comes to entry numbers but last year they spoke about 10k entrants whereas Racetec has numbers around 1k from 17 onwards.

Did the race start and finish at the shopping center at the bottom of Krugerdorp hill?

Top of Hospital Hill at the Protea Rif School.

almost all the elevation hapened in the last 15 kms

Started in mist which turned into rain which turned into sunburn up Hekpoort.

Route was enjoyable, last year had more elevation in total but this year's route had all of it at the end - which made it more difficult. Was much better on traffic, last year was a bit of a mess with the finish on Krugersdorp Hill.

Overall good experience, many marshalls on the crossings and had a motorbike marshall with us through the rain.

Will be back next year.

Edit: Also sad to see the small number of riders, assume most of it was down to the weather.

Edited by Roul

Had a great race in A - weather was very testing after 5km in the Race when the heavens opened up.

Very negative racing in A with nobody really wanting to force the issue, im thinking it was the rain and the heavy headwind at one stage or the thought of Hekpoort lol

My race started at Hekpoort and thats where the explosions started lol - eina bliksem, just kept my head down and managed 2nd in AL, my best result ever and really super happy about that.

Sheesh. Could you provide details?

think he hit a pothole and about 8 guys went down.  Was on a fast section so  I didnt see to much but managed to get myself out off the way.  Sounds like everyone involved was okay but the bike not so much 

I stood at the start with the VA group wondering whether I should rather just go home as I did not like the weather and I'm still a bit negative after my wife was hit by a car that skipped a red light 3 weeks ago. I eventually decided to start in the B group. I was really unimpressed by the lack of work in the group as I spent most of the time at the front. I decided to just keep the pace high and see how the legs will hold out. The last km I totally blew up and ended 5th in the group.

I liked the addition of the Hekpoort climb, but found the first 80km to be a bit boring.

We had a close call with a vehicle from the front but our motorbike marshal did a great job in keeping us safe. We had a few ambulances come past us during the rain, I hope all involved in accidents are okay.

VA's had a bit of a eina crash.

this happened right next to me.

not sure what caused the rider to go down ( i think it was a piece of missing road on the left edge that someone swerved to miss).

all i know is the guy next to me tried bunny hopping - unsuccessfully.

i suspect it was said bunny hopper that landed on and destroyed the bike in the pic.

this happened right next to me.

not sure what caused the rider to go down ( i think it was a piece of missing road on the left edge that someone swerved to miss).

all i know is the guy next to me tried bunny hopping - unsuccessfully.

i suspect it was said bunny hopper that landed on and destroyed the bike in the pic.

So a question would be if the Trek exploded because of the bunny hop or the crash?   :ph34r:  :whistling:

So a question would be if the Trek exploded because of the bunny hop or the crash?   :ph34r:  :whistling:

i was to busy trying to avoid it to be able to tell you.

but the bunny hopper definitely did not clear the intended obstacle 

I stood at the start with the VA group wondering whether I should rather just go home as I did not like the weather and I'm still a bit negative after my wife was hit by a car that skipped a red light 3 weeks ago. I eventually decided to start in the B group. I was really unimpressed by the lack of work in the group as I spent most of the time at the front. I decided to just keep the pace high and see how the legs will hold out. The last km I totally blew up and ended 5th in the group.

I liked the addition of the Hekpoort climb, but found the first 80km to be a bit boring.

We had a close call with a vehicle from the front but our motorbike marshal did a great job in keeping us safe. We had a few ambulances come past us during the rain, I hope all involved in accidents are okay.

Were you riding in a whitish top?