All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

custom

Ironically Eddy Merckx and Molteni team rode De Rosa bikes during most of his victories. De Rosa was actually contracted by EM when he started the Merckx brand. Eddy Merckx bikes now owned by Ridley recently launched the Liege which is a modern take on the Molteni orange bikes.

Ironically Eddy Merckx and Molteni team rode De Rosa bikes during most of his victories. De Rosa was actually contracted by EM when he started the Merckx brand. Eddy Merckx bikes now owned by Ridley recently launched the Liege which is a modern take on the Molteni orange bikes.

Eddy and Ugo De Rosa were friends from the time Eddy raced the bikes that Ugo built for him, often very special custom geometry bikes. Colnago also built and sponsored several of his bikes. Eddy went to the De Rosa factory near Milan to learn how to build a bike himself. He was personally taught by De Rosa who later came over to Belgium to train the first Eddy Merckcx frame builders. Someone helping his friend for no other reason than to help him make a success of something. Eddy Merckcx cycles soon built more bikes than De Rosa but they stayed friends for life.

Sorry to carry on about Merckcx and De Rosa on this thread, but it isn't too out of place, is it? Not quality and style wise anyway! :whistling:   

56236231_2344665488897544_29160788259871

I also just saw that one on Facebook, I’m thinking I must do one of my next resprays like that it looks beautiful...????

Locked to a tree outside Cavendish Square... gonna buy me a saw.

The best looking bike on this thread.. ????

Looking for COLNAGO water bottle cages - anyone know where i can get

I have 2 new Colnago gloss white carbon cages and 2 new white Colnago Selle Italia saddles if interested

Thanks

Marz

These are still for sale, size UK 6 (EU 40).

Iconic limited edition Adidas Colnago collaboration

Sold out overnight when released earlier this year.

New, original, imported directly from Size?

post-44986-0-00641900-1554462850_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-01881900-1554462863_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-92365300-1554462875_thumb.jpg

Gooood Lawd,

I need a nago in my life  :drool:

Agreed. That is how my old and new(ish) one sit on my study wall. As good to look at as they are to ride.

Edited by DJR