• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hint hint..... :whistling:

s-l1600.jpg

Couple of years ago there was one for sale in the classifieds - went and test rode it - Other than a naaaice collectors piece and alas ! too small for me, I was surprised how heavy this bike was, must be one of the heaviest COLNAGO's i've ridden

Couple of years ago there was one for sale in the classifieds - went and test rode it - Other than a naaaice collectors piece and alas ! too small for me, I was surprised how heavy this bike was, must be one of the heaviest COLNAGO's i've ridden

It was the GROUPSET  :ph34r:

But it was stiff.

• 3 weeks later...

I know historically many teams have run Shimano but a dream build Colnago for me could never come without Campagnolo

Most would agree with this. However most people pick Shimano because parts are just readily available and everything is just compatible. That being said if I’m spending that amount of dough on a C64 it doors feel like cheapening it with Shimano parts. 

My quest to own a bit of Colnago history came true, as I had a quick draw when it appeared on le'Hub, sorry guys.

1. The day she arrived.

post-16406-0-49828000-1595234311_thumb.jpg

2. Strip down and assemble with Chorus 10 speed.

post-16406-0-49658300-1595234341_thumb.jpg

3. Just added the wheels, Dark label Shamals.

post-16406-0-74151400-1595234329_thumb.jpg

4. Build complete.

post-16406-0-96817100-1595234367_thumb.jpg

5. 70km ride, so smooth.

post-16406-0-64694100-1595234383_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jakkals.

My quest to own a bit of Colnago history came true, as I had a quick draw when it appeared on le'Hub, sorry guys.

1. The day she arrived.

attachicon.gifIMG_1396.jpg

2. Strip down and assemble with Chorus 10 speed.

attachicon.gifIMG_1470.jpg

3. Just added the wheels, Dark label Shamals.

attachicon.gifIMG_1428.jpg

4. Build complete.

attachicon.gifIMG_1926.jpg

5. 70km ride, so smooth.

attachicon.gifIMG_1939.jpg

nice one, nothing beats a Colnago and what better colour than red - can't see how shiny your chrome is but if you want it extra bling, wet shiny side of foil in water (some say salted water) Rub gently on chrome and then polish with autosol or similar

Works wonders on that fork, stem and seatpost

If I may be critical, get a nice bottle cage for that lovely bike

Edited by Waynemol