All things Colnago

StevieL

LibrariesPicturesBike.jpgMan, I miss Alan van Heerden. He used to be the Colnago agent. I bought two Colnago’s from The Legend himself. My first one was a Superissimo (steel frame) in deep purple colour, then replaced it with my Dream (aluminium frame) in Rabobank colours just like MacDaddy’s although his looks likem a C40 Carbon model NICE DUDE! My Dream alley is a sweet ride still today! RIP Alan...

I took a photo of my bike but sorry boys, can't seem to figure out how to attach it...mebbe my internet connection is too slow!

Cheers,

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TT Bikes, always shaxxy.

New.

Colnago K.Zero TT bike.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2012/03/07/1331138989922-15k2jv8yl9uqq-800-75.jpg

I find their road frame designs outdated. They probably get their TT frames designed and manufactured by someone else.

I've got a Superissimo 63 frame and carbon fork if anyone wants a lovely retro rebuild. 0832339674 I just don't know how to upload a photo!

I find their road frame designs outdated. They probably get their TT frames designed and manufactured by someone else.

They do their own design, but yes, their monocoque frames are built by Giant. The C59 is built inhouse using carbon tubes imported from Japan.

• 1 month later...

Westdene have a Colnago M10 in stock. Go and see it and tell me if you think the frames are outdated. Its beautiful!

post-6252-0-02206000-1334918561.png

Out dated??? You mean Classic!!! Italians love retaining their history and craftmanship,their frames are classic! Clearly you don't own one!

• 2 months later...

I finally got my hands on a Dream........ now just to get this beauty back into shape.

Its hart sore to see the neglect by the previous owner.

was thinking of replacing the wheels, the ugly seat post. Orange handlebar tape .... any cool suggestions

post-30082-0-01657800-1342610340.jpg

Westdene have a Colnago M10 in stock. Go and see it and tell me if you think the frames are outdated. Its beautiful!

How sad. They finally made a Colnago that looks just like a Scott.

I have been thinking of a C59 but R40000 is a bit out of reach just for a frameset and you can only put Super Record on, anything else would be a sin. A new Master frameset also is priced over R25000 but thats not something you wanna ride everyday.