Cape Epic Stage 5 : 119km, 2350m

rouxtjie

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R20k and R100k, if I have it correctly. And I would like to add my thanks to the rest for you hubbers keepings us office sitters so nicely up to date with every day's stage, this sorta cycling community service is why we belong to the hub in the first place isn't it? :)

I don't care what anyone says.. KE must be a broken man. Got to give it to the guy for staying posetive so far.. I can't imagine the dissapointment.

Was always a 360 life fan for this event but i have to admit Stauser are the true champions this year. Well done to them they not only won this event they monstered it. Doubt if the gap between 1 and 2 will ever be this high again. Truly dominant and awesome effort. Dont want to jinx them but only an eartquake will stop them now.

I sure hope for their sake that your not a commentator by profession, you know commentators curse...

Unstoppable 36one

Question 1- how much do you as a team get for a stage win?

Question 2- how much do the overall winners get?

1) R5000 per team (ie R2500 each)

2) R100 000 per team for men's, R50 000 for ladies. Second place is R60k and R30k respectively

Absa African team gets R50K as well - so if 36Two wins outright, it's R150k split - nice :)

Mixed winners, Ariane and @kleinhansmuesli cross the finish line #absacapeepic

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done! RT @TeamMTNQhubeka: Karien and Jane take stage 5 #CapeEpic !!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by d@vid

Do they take credit cards

Volunteers Loving Experience

ThaVolunteers Loving Experience

Thanks to the volunteers at the Absa Cape Epic, around 400 teams can buy a nutritional package whereby they can refuel at Water Point 2 every day.nks to the volunteers at the Absa Cape Epic, around 400 teams can buy a nutritional package whereby they can refuel at Water Point 2 every day.

Edited by scotty

Do they take credit cards

Volunteers Loving Experience

ThaVolunteers Loving Experience

Thanks to the volunteers at the Absa Cape Epic, around 400 teams can buy a nutritional package whereby they can refuel at Water Point 2 every day.nks to the volunteers at the Absa Cape Epic, around 400 teams can buy a nutritional package whereby they can refuel at Water Point 2 every day.

Don't even joke dude, they took my CC at the last water point (also tech zone) on day 6 for a RD last year .... did the old paper thing!

Don't even joke dude, they took my CC at the last water point (also tech zone) on day 6 for a RD last year .... did the old paper thing!

That's for spare parts, what constitutes a nutritional package, surely you don't pay for food and drinks on route.

That's for spare parts, what constitutes a nutritional package, surely you don't pay for food and drinks on route.

There's plenty enough food/drinks available at the WP's but if someone wants to 'up their nutritional package' I guess that's up to them ....

You pay to have a pre mixed bottle ready at the second water point and your recovery shake on the finish line.

You mix your bottles and shake beforehand and hand it to the nutrition service the night before. Helps on hot days if you get an ice cold bottle already mixed.