Cape Epic Stage 5 : 119km, 2350m

rouxtjie

@willsha: Teammate out dead knee. Near hypothermic last 25k. Deserves description "epic". #AbsaCapeEpic

post-11586-0-21692200-1333113771.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking the results there are some slow times being posted, we are probably looking at another cut off extension.

Nix?

No, Lara

She had back problems the other day, then an asthma attack yesterday.

Its tough out there!

Respect to the guys and girls today.

Even though I know they're suffering, I would love to be part of the race and atmosphere today.

So I was out at the 1km to go mark.

Let me tell you, Burry and co looked completely miserable!

There was a little dip under the road and up the other side, and the second Bulls rider was not enjoying it at all.

Neither was Kevin Evans...

David on Maxxis , Burry on Specialized Renegade

i'm looking at the photo i took to figure out which Maxxis that is..

Edited by shade

looks like(from the tread pattern), Maxxis Ikon or Beaver , wont surprise me.. 'superlight' , knowing George

David on Maxxis , Burry on Specialized Renegade

i'm looking at the photo i took to figure out which Maxxis that is..

Ikon

What a brutal day out, I thought stage 3 was hard. Then I thought the wind on stage 4 was outrageous, but today was something else. Near freezing at the top of the mountain as we rode through the rain and wind, water point two looked like a mud bog warzone. People wrapped in space blankets and caked with mud, thank god for the sun breaking through and the singtrack after. Not to mention the two ladies serving up tea and coffes at WP2.

Never eveer want a day out on the bike like that again!

What a brutal day out, I thought stage 3 was hard. Then I thought the wind on stage 4 was outrageous, but today was something else. Near freezing at the top of the mountain as we rode through the rain and wind, water point two looked like a mud bog warzone. People wrapped in space blankets and caked with mud, thank god for the sun breaking through and the singtrack after. Not to mention the two ladies serving up tea and coffes at WP2.

You doing great especially for an outcast.

Well done.

Frame that medal and put it in a place where you can see it every day!

*I know there's still work to do!*