lego

Wayne Potgieter

I always preferred Meccano

I've still got my dads meccano, must be nearly 60 years old now, and has been used by 3 generations. I need to get it back from my nephew, all he's interested in now are computers.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got my dads meccano, must be nearly 60 years old now, and has been used by 3 generations. I need to get it back from my nephew, all he's interested in now are computers.

I also have a few sets of my dads and a few electric trainsets that make steam.I can't wait till my kids are old enough to play with them.I also have a Scalextric that is about 25 years old.

I grew up with Lego. Loved the Technic stuff... My dad loved it too, which was probably why he bought it for me.

Been looking at the new Technic Lego and it's cool, but not doesn't seem quite as versatile as the older Lego? And it's expensive!

I still love lego... Used to have a whole stash of the stuff, but it was passed on to others in the family. I'm just about to start collecting again now, but just going for the basic block & item sets, not the themed ones just yet. The STAR WARS sets are fantastic... Miss mine. :(

I always preferred Meccano

Same here, also only had Meccano, never any Lego. I put my remote aeroplane's engine on a Meccano car I built. Managed to catch up to it three blocks away....post-6166-0-05052200-1334334503.gif

I still love lego... Used to have a whole stash of the stuff, but it was passed on to others in the family. I'm just about to start collecting again now, but just going for the basic block & item sets, not the themed ones just yet. The STAR WARS sets are fantastic... Miss mine. :(

Buy online . Its much cheaper. Pm me if interested

Love Lego, glad to see it`s still around and Meccano too which has made somewhat of a comeback in the last few years.

post-5378-0-12418900-1334335134.jpg

I grew up with a huge box of Lego

and then when my folks downscaled, it all got chucked out.

Since my boy was born 5 years ago, I have bought black bags full.

Some of it is even for him... :ph34r:

I loved my lego sets as a kid, infact I still sneak into some shops to take a look at the latest Lego products.

I've had my NXT now for 4years and only used 3 times ... time to get it out and play with it. Actually thinking of donating mine to a primary school we are going to send out son too - they take part in the Mindstorm League.

Still get to play with Lego often, love the stuff. I even managed a trip to Legoland in the UK with one of my nephews, it was awesome :thumbup: All the kids going absolutely mental for the stuff, defintely worth taking the kids there if you can. I even got to drive in a Lego car.

Edited by Caerus

If your'e a fan and your kids are too young, there's the giant foam Lego blocks. My missus owns a playgroup and has some. The 18 month to 3 year old laaities really like the stuff. The agents used to be in Bryanston.

There is a Lego shop in centurion mall! Has a area where kids can play and build! Parents and kids dream! Can build without buying!

There is a Lego shop in centurion mall! Has a area where kids can play and build! Parents and kids dream! Can build without buying!

It must be a dream for the young ones and for the young at heart.

What's the shops name?

There is also a lego shop in fourways mall. down by the movies. Can take the kids there to build and play to