Let's have a toast to the Douche bags.

BLACKvoodoo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys need this LOOONG weekend very badly!! :blink: Chill Boys. We still have our bikes to ride. :thumbup: The world is really quite a lekker place.!!

Here's to the guy in the white corsa bakkie who only looked left this morning while pulling out of a T junction. Your mother must be proud, I'm sure if you put both your brains together you won't make an idiot.

Here's to the cement truck driver who thinks it's a great idea to drive in the yellow lane, Alcohol foetal syndrome.

And last but not least, to the other cyclists that don't greet when you pass them, Hey Dude you're not that good!

Going up/down Contermans at the Lafarge Quarry? I avoid that road at all costs because too many motorists pull over into the yellow lane.

Okay, so some peeps have had a bad start to the day, but there's no need to vent on fellow members. Comments removed.

Okay, so some peeps have had a bad start to the day, but there's no need to vent on fellow members. Comments removed.

Spoil-sport. This is my only entertainment on an otherwise tedious Thursday... :)

Edited by facmp

In the same spirit of love and peace so brilliantly shared by the OP, here is to the 7 Tolliekoppe that rode past me last Wednesday while I was standing next to the road with punctures in both the front and back wheel. Thanks for not even greeting me, let alone stopping to see if you could help. I especially appreciated the lady at the back asking one of the guys: " So what do you think is going on with him?" May your toe nails and your teeth trade places.....regularly.

Christie

I had an interesting situation the other day. Going off the M5 onto Koeberg road, there was a roadie walking with his bike, clearly he had a problem. Being a fellow cyclist, I opened my window and asked if he needed help (I had puncture kit + multitool in my car) or if he needed a lift anywhere (I have the thule roof racks). He said he was ok and that someone was picking him up. I thought about it afterwards and offering a lift was pretty stupid on my side as I don't know the guy. I am normally very saftey concious, but I thought differently just because he was a cyclist....

I had an interesting situation the other day. Going off the M5 onto Koeberg road, there was a roadie walking with his bike, clearly he had a problem. Being a fellow cyclist, I opened my window and asked if he needed help (I had puncture kit + multitool in my car) or if he needed a lift anywhere (I have the thule roof racks). He said he was ok and that someone was picking him up. I thought about it afterwards and offering a lift was pretty stupid on my side as I don't know the guy. I am normally very saftey concious, but I thought differently just because he was a cyclist....

Did he look like this roadie?

post-24958-0-44840700-1335430807.jpg

Or they have stopped before and never got their tjoop, multi tool, pump back?

or perhaps they should carry their own tubes/tools/pump/bombs! I often stop to help cyclists and amazes me how many go riding without the basics if they get a puncture or two.

In the same spirit of love and peace so brilliantly shared by the OP, here is to the 7 Tolliekoppe that rode past me last Wednesday while I was standing next to the road with punctures in both the front and back wheel. Thanks for not even greeting me, let alone stopping to see if you could help. I especially appreciated the lady at the back asking one of the guys: " So what do you think is going on with him?" May your toe nails and your teeth trade places.....regularly.

Christie

LOL

Like seeing a person walking along the side of the road with an empty petrol can, just after you've passed an "abandoned" car or watching a person a little way from the sea shore (THE WET SIDE OF THE LINE) waving frantically with one hand. . . . it's tough to work out what's going on with these people. :-)

edited because it was misleading :-)

Edited by Bonus

perhaps he/she was struggling along and did not see him?

I have actually been too whacked to even smile before, though not on a commute I suppose.

LOL

Like seeing a person walking along the side of the road with an empty petrol can, just after you've passed an "abandoned" car or watching a person a little way from the sea shore waving frantically with one hand. . . . it's tough to work out what's going on with these people. :-)

Maybe they just waving to their mate in the water

Just an observation so please hold off on the 'report' button y'all but these kind of rants on the InterWebs (even Fb/Tweeta) are a bit to me like having a crap day in the traffic then coming home and shouting at your wife/kids .... but I suppose if it makes you feel better somehow then whatever blows your hair back (I have none so not an option for me :( )

Just an observation so please hold off on the 'report' button y'all but these kind of rants on the InterWebs (even Fb/Tweeta) are a bit to me like having a crap day in the traffic then coming home and shouting at your wife/kids .... but I suppose if it makes you feel better somehow then whatever blows your hair back (I have none so not an option for me :( )

Who said you can leave the kitchen? While you're up, go get me a beer sweetheart. when you're done go iron something.

Edited by BLACKvoodoo

One thing I noticed is cycling up north the cyclists are more likely to return a greeting / wave then in the Cape. I would say the ration would be for North (7 / 10 would return your greeting) and the cape it would be 2 / 10.

This is just an observation. Personally it does not bother me. I just revert back to the saying ... When in Rome ...

LOL

Like seeing a person walking along the side of the road with an empty petrol can, just after you've passed an "abandoned" car or watching a person a little way from the sea shore waving frantically with one hand. . . . it's tough to work out what's going on with these people. :-)

They are just greeting fellow swimmers............I have it from a reliable source that that is not how drowing people behave