Coffee machine

Um. That's like 60K!! It looks lovely but I may go as high as 30k. Don't think I will go to 60K. Too much lying would be required I'm afraid. Even 30 I am having some sales issues with.

But thanks for planting the seed.

At 30k I think something like the Wega Mininova could be an option. Craig Charity calls Wega the hilux of the coffee industry. I saw one in Melbourne for 2400AUD last year. Not sure what the local price will be.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 30k I think something like the Wega Mininova could be an option. Craig Charity calls Wega the hilux of the coffee industry. I saw one in Melbourne for 2400AUD last year. Not sure what the local price will be.

I have seen a couple of Wega single goups advertised for sale recently - they are solid machines indeed - workhorses.

Just 1 thing - whichever machine and grinder you get - check the wife is ok with the aesthetic before buying..... I forgot about this important fact when buying a grinder once.....

And there is no way I am asking her opinion on the Slayer aesthetics.... just going to have to take that on the chin sometime soon...

I have seen a couple of Wega single goups advertised for sale recently - they are solid machines indeed - workhorses.

Just 1 thing - whichever machine and grinder you get - check the wife is ok with the aesthetic before buying..... I forgot about this important fact when buying a grinder once.....

And there is no way I am asking her opinion on the Slayer aesthetics.... just going to have to take that on the chin sometime soon...

SEEM TO POST THIS WARNING LOTS 50cc :whistling:

just saying

SEEM TO POST THIS WARNING LOTS 50cc :whistling:

just saying

My wifes father was a boxer.... with no sons*....

Fortunately the grinder survived intact....  :)

* This is not completely true - her brother passed age 6.

Anybody still looking, I just put my machine up for sale in the classifieds. Its a Delonghi ESAM4500.

R30k budget?

Expobar Office Leva 1 and Crem Manual Grinder.

Should work out to about R28000. Spend the rest on a milk jug, good tamper, tamp mat, knock box, shot glass and beans.

Thanks for all the advice. My budget won't include a grinder. I have a decent Simonelli I paid about 12k for. I'm happy with it. Just the machine now

Expobar is a good machine with superb backup from koldserve

Although it is somewhat aesthetically challenged.... :)

It's WAF score is below zero.... in my house anyway...

Found this espresso machine at a place that sells second hand furniture in Woodstock.

Then rushed off to Truth Coffee and bought a bag of beans. The helpful lady at Truth offered to grind the beans for me. (I know the grinding should be done just before I pull a shot but I don't have a grinder yet)

Took me a couple of cups of coffee before I got it right

post-1238-0-96050100-1437639373_thumb.jpg

Found this espresso machine at a place that sells second hand furniture in Woodstock.

Then rushed off to Truth Coffee and bought a bag of beans. The helpful lady at Truth offered to grind the beans for me. (I know the grinding should be done just before I pull a shot but I don't have a grinder yet)

Took me a couple of cups of coffee before I got it right

attachicon.gifcoffee.JPG

let us know the end result, i've got 1 of these at home, which is basically second hand furniture, was given as gift used once, then could never ever get the pressure up.

makes a nice display though :ph34r:

I reckon it makes a good cuppa. Im not exactly a coffee snob but my wife is. So I get her to do the taste tests.

I had to play around with dosing and see what works.

When you say you couldn't get it up to pressure... How do you know that the pressure is lacking?

Bottomless portafilter action on my Caravel. Please excuse the bad looking handle, I am going to make a neat one tomorrow. I made the stainless steel part today, and put a make-shift handle on to test it.

post-4006-1437660520,1677.jpg