Coffee machine

Breville machines any good?

Mine has been running great for the past year. Makes between 2 and 4 cups a day. Not a single miss.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips everyone. Water is running freely again. Now to get rid of the vinegar in the system.

Breville machines any good?

Pm me your number and your budget, have you considered Saeco machines?

Pro tips for buying 2nd hand coffee equipment:

1. If the machine gets hot and its going for cheap buy it. Don't be scared to get stuck in.

2. Share the stoke. If you don't need it or use it pass the deal on to someone who can, that **** will come back to you.

3. NO V12Man you can't have my Olympia. :devil:

f....k....

:)

I read that Truth in Capetown was rated the worlds top coffe shop by a UK publication. Nice one.

Coolest coffee shop... :)

Belongs to a hubber... would you believe. .. he has posted in this very thread... :)

Well - I think its him anyway... :) just waiting for my bacon and cheese sarmie to appear on the menu...

Thanks for the tips everyone. Water is running freely again. Now to get rid of the vinegar in the system.

Rinse rinse rinse some more.

I read that Truth in Capetown was rated the worlds top coffe shop by a UK publication. Nice one.

My Oscar is in for a service. Wouldn't heat up. The seal has been leaking for a while and I have had the machine for two years so in it went for a total service. R3750 with labour. Ouch. Anyway I am supposed to get it back tomorrow. I have been using the aero press. It's OK but it's not the same.

Edited by iteachcoffee

Coolest coffee shop... :)

Belongs to a hubber... would you believe. .. he has posted in this very thread... :)

Well - I think its him anyway... :) just waiting for my bacon and cheese sarmie to appear on the menu...

he may be!

Thank you everyone.

What is the recommended dilution for the vinegar in the water tank?

I will also go look for the Citric Acid Powder.

I figured that if I open it up, I won't be able to put it back perfectly.

Luckily there is some water coming through. Checked yesterday again. So will try it with either vinegar or Citric Acid powder tonight.

Which one would you guys recommend of the two?

Citric acid with hot water.

Many food manufacturers that use water in their process will use citric acid to descale the equipment after every batch change.

Hi Folks

Picked up this Ascaso Dream And I-2 grinder on gumtree.

Can anyone tell me where you can get ascaso spares in South Africa?

Would like to change the gaskets and convert the brewhead to a larger screen just for ground coffee, not pods.

Cheers

post-60816-0-00515700-1436426865_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks

Picked up this Ascaso Dream And I-2 grinder on gumtree.

Can anyone tell me where you can get ascaso spares in South Africa?

Would like to change the gaskets and convert the brewhead to a larger screen just for ground coffee, not pods.

Cheers

Great machines and a good find, you may have to get parts from overseas but there should be someone local!

:thumbup:

Great machines and a good find, you may have to get parts from overseas but there should be someone local!

:thumbup:

I used to have an ascaso arc. Got parts for that from bluestar coffee in Ireland. Might have to try that route.

Okay so the machine is back to its old tricks.

This is what the stream looks like currently. After working perfectly, although weak yesterday.

post-28639-1436458924,9953.jpg