Coffee machine

Finally moving on the Linea Mini and contacted Foodserve as per the advice on this forum. Have a price and we are going to place the order. The lead time is unfortunately very long so currently hoping they agree to sell one of their demo machines.

I have meanwhile arranged a small remodeling of the kitchen to accommodate the machine.

Next question. Foodserve don't do installations apparently. Anyone have a recommendation as to who I can contact to plumb the machine in and to get a good filter system at the same time?

Starting to get a bit excited about it now.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lekker man. I'm very happy with the filtration system suggested by V12man. Bluespot water. Installation was quick, got it done by a plumber. Check if the Linea comes with the plumbing kit I believe it's quite expensive. My GS3 came with one but it's not plumbed in at present. Super happy with my machine. Coffee is consistent which is important in my books.

I recall you being based in Cape Town? Try Gerald at Rock n roll I'm sure he'll be able to direct you.

Finally moving on the Linea Mini and contacted Foodserve as per the advice on this forum. Have a price and we are going to place the order. The lead time is unfortunately very long so currently hoping they agree to sell one of their demo machines.

I have meanwhile arranged a small remodeling of the kitchen to accommodate the machine.

Next question. Foodserve don't do installations apparently. Anyone have a recommendation as to who I can contact to plumb the machine in and to get a good filter system at the same time?

Starting to get a bit excited about it now.

where are you based? may be able to help or redirect?

where are you based? may be able to help or redirect?

I'm in Johannesburg. Quite central. Kensington.

I'm in Johannesburg. Quite central. Kensington.

I am happy to help with the design if you get a plumber to do the install - it's pretty simple really - come and drink some coffee and we will walk it through on the back of an example I have.

I am happy to help with the design if you get a plumber to do the install - it's pretty simple really - come and drink some coffee and we will walk it through on the back of an example I have.

You are a prince amongst men. I would love to take you up on that offer.

Hi guys

Apologies if this has been asked somewhere in this thread. I'm looking for a reasonably good starter espresso machine that will last for a long time. Was thinking about something like this:

http://onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/espresso-coffee-machines/crem-expobar-office-lever-brewtus-domestic-espresso-coffee-machine/

Any other suggestions? Would something like this last?

Choose a grinder first - a great grinder is more important than the machine.

I also suggest doing a barista course first before you buy.

And yes - that should last - but that's not the only purchase criteria.

Choose a grinder first - a great grinder is more important than the machine.

I also suggest doing a barista course first before you buy.

And yes - that should last - but that's not the only purchase criteria.

Okay. Reading that you suggest going separate 

Okay. Reading that you suggest going separate

Not really HA - 90% of people will be better served by a super auto - but a sa will never get you the last 15% of quality in the cup - question is if you are obsessive enough to master the skills needed to get that last 15% - it takes time and effort - not to say anything about money, because quality kit is not free.

If you just want a cup on the way out to work - superauto - if you want to spend hours fiddling to get it perfect - then separates.

just please do not buy a nespresso.. .. environmentally unfriendly things...

So guys.... Is this one any good?

Junk... the very top of the line one is ok - the dual boiler one - you will just suffer with that one.

Not really HA - 90% of people will be better served by a super auto - but a sa will never get you the last 15% of quality in the cup - question is if you are obsessive enough to master the skills needed to get that last 15% - it takes time and effort - not to say anything about money, because quality kit is not free.

If you just want a cup on the way out to work - superauto - if you want to spend hours fiddling to get it perfect - then separates.

just please do not buy a nespresso.. .. environmentally unfriendly things...

What would you suggest as a good auto type, for a beginner?

Junk... the very top of the line one is ok - the dual boiler one - you will just suffer with that one.

That was my first machine. With it I learnt the basic order of things but that was about it. Should not have wasted the money is my feeling now.

What would you suggest as a good auto type, for a beginner?

Jura, Siemens, Bosch, carimali all come to mind.

The quality of support available locally is important.