Coffee machine

Done a bit of research on the basket thing. I have read that LM baskets are the same as the VST. I didn't know about this issue but I noticed how different the baskets are that came with this machine. I will start dosing as per the weight etched on the basket from now on. I was using 18g so now just a gram down. I can now say that with the 1g saving the machine will pay for itself in about a levinty million and thirty eight years.

The LM baskets made for the Strada machine are definately made by VST - some of the others are not - but the non VST baskets are much more forgiving on weight variations - especially when overdosing - the VST baskets don't like that (just my opinion)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The LM baskets made for the Strada machine are definately made by VST - some of the others are not - but the non VST baskets are much more forgiving on weight variations - especially when overdosing - the VST baskets don't like that (just my opinion)

I sometimes use a VST triple basket with my bottomless, that thing is a funny thing, its so tricky to get the dose right... but when its right, its oh so good! 

I sometimes use a VST triple basket with my bottomless, that thing is a funny thing, its so tricky to get the dose right... but when its right, its oh so good! 

So good.

For those that dont know..

VST on the right standard on the left

03447504c5ecb11612530ffac04a9ffc.jpg

Double vs triple.

0f6d917ffdb94578d4af85ac7a7570db.jpg

nerd, with regards to bottomless apart from looking really good on the photos, what the difference from the normal,

1. Forgive my noobness

2. Is it a worthwhile investment, in terms of taste and pleasure

nerd, with regards to bottomless apart from looking really good on the photos, what the difference from the normal,

1. Forgive my noobness

2. Is it a worthwhile investment, in terms of taste and pleasure

Yeah it looks good... hahah

Its good to figure out dosing and tamping as you can see if the puck is channeling clearly with a bottomless. 

Yeah it looks good... hahah

Its good to figure out dosing and tamping as you can see if the puck is channeling clearly with a bottomless. 

but then or now you must, learn to take some shots and post uhm up

but then or now you must, learn to take some shots and post uhm up

I only really use it when dialing in new beans.. But yes, I must! 

I only really use it when dialing in new beans.. But yes, I must! 

interesting, i think I've found my winner for bean... for now atleast

always am happy to try out new ones though

interesting, i think I've found my winner for bean... for now atleast

always am happy to try out new ones though

What beans you using?

The LM came with a water test kit. I ran the tests and plugs the relults into LM website and it came back as very slightly corrosive non scale forming. I have decided to run with Aquelle water in the meantime.

By the images above the baskets are def VST.

After all the organizing and moving around of stuff I think I deserve a coffee before I get in front of Photoshop again

For those that dont know..

VST on the right standard on the left03447504c5ecb11612530ffac04a9ffc.jpg

Double vs triple. 0f6d917ffdb94578d4af85ac7a7570db.jpg

Those baskets are funny things. Amongst others I have a Strada and an IMS, they both require different grind settings.