Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What would a 2013 second hand GS3 in good condition be worth? Or what should I consider paying for one?

Haven’t seen many for sale before and am seriously tempted. I see new they are in mid 80’s.

Thanks

if looked after, these machines will last forever.

You're right, very seldom see these on sale.

I'd venture somewhere between R45 - R60k.

What would a 2013 second hand GS3 in good condition be worth? Or what should I consider paying for one?

Haven’t seen many for sale before and am seriously tempted. I see new they are in mid 80’s.

Thanks

Good luck finding a second hand one.... I would expect they will go for 50 - 60k if they are in OK condition - kind of an it depends.... BUT - nobody I know with one would consider selling it unless they are planning a massive upgrade or are emigrating.

And if you do buy one, remember you have to buy a decent grinder as well - so it's not 80k... more like 110k odd.... without the grinder you will never make it deliver what it can do - grinder is everything in espresso..

Long shot - but is anyone selling any good 2nd hand espresso grinders?

I'm talking somewhere in the region of R5k-R10k depending on make / model age ect.

My Baratza Sette 270 stripped some gears so considering an upgrade while I wait for spare parts.

Good luck finding a second hand one.... I would expect they will go for 50 - 60k if they are in OK condition - kind of an it depends.... BUT - nobody I know with one would consider selling it unless they are planning a massive upgrade or are emigrating.

And if you do buy one, remember you have to buy a decent grinder as well - so it's not 80k... more like 110k odd.... without the grinder you will never make it deliver what it can do - grinder is everything in espresso..

spot on there, there's one for sale on Gumtree - MP verion looks in good nick looking at the ad - for R60k with two grinders - a steal

spot on there, there's one for sale on Gumtree - MP verion looks in good nick looking at the ad - for R60k with two grinders - a steal

That is a good deal - pity it's in Hermanus

:clap: A gift from Me 2 Me :clap:

... We only live once right ??? ...

attachicon.gifIMG_0239.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0237.jpg

We recently got the Jura GIGA X3 where I currently consult - MTN. Our floor has 3 of them! What a luxury. If I move client I'm going to have to kick-off!! Not the best of beans - Makro - else I would probably drink 10 cups a day!!

Still for sale: Russel Hobbs Cafe Barista One-Touch Coffee Maker

Edited by Flemish Lion

Thanks all that was the machine I was looking at! Also seemed a fair price to me.

Its a good deal if its in reasonable shape - esp with 2 grinders - you wont regret it.

Just a word of caution-.check with swmbo that she can live with the aesthetics of it - they use a lot of countertop women tend to regard as "theirs". And ito placement - the grinders probably wont fit under your kitchen cupboards so be sure to figure this out in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, interested in importing a Coffee grinder from EU, has anyone does this, besides shipping costs. Any idea on the import duties/VAT on this? 

OK, so I moved house at the beginning of March and found that the gap in the gas hob pot supports were too large to support even my 6 cup moka pot. 

Overseas one can easily find gas ring reducers which sit on the pot support, and which reduce the gap, sufficient to be able to support moka pots and other smaller vessels.

One would have thought that this is a relatively common problem, but I've only found one retailer that sells a gas ring reducer (yuppiechef, and they are waiting for stock). A number of coffee equipment shops just glaze over when you ask about them (and describe what they do)...

Does anyone know where I could find one in ZA, and specifically Jozi if possible?