Coffee machine

I sometimes get milk from Irene dairy. Unpasteurized and I would assume fresh. I find it hell to texture correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Doing another order from Cape Coffee Beans and shipping to JHB. Fresh beans. Anyone keen to join in on the order?

www.capecoffeebeans.co.za

So if you want to DM me what you want I'll place the order.

Edited by Fruity

I hooked up one of these for my Aeropress. It's really fun to use.

http://capecoffeebea...-coffee-grinder

post-19733-0-46909100-1401429097_thumb.png

Hi, I am looking to buy me the same grinder because I don't have the cash for a proper electric grinder. How well does this grinder perform in terms of grind consistency? I will mainly use it for my espresso machine. Do you think it will be worth the trouble?

Hi, I am looking to buy me the same grinder because I don't have the cash for a proper electric grinder. How well does this grinder perform in terms of grind consistency? I will mainly use it for my espresso machine. Do you think it will be worth the trouble?

I have one of those which I use on camping trips. The grind is not consistent, even at the finest setting there will be fine and course grounds. From what I understand, the Porlex mini will be better for espresso, but you will grind for about 60-90 seconds for a double espresso.

For a great espresso hand grinder the Pharos or Lido 2 should do the job:

http://www.oehandgrinders.com

Not worth the trouble at all.

You need an electronic one. You won't be able to get it fine enough.

Weekend.....enjoying on of these homemade cuppas.

Hazelnut flavoured Cafe Latte with a dash of Disaronno.....relaxation setting in.

post-41755-0-80382200-1403344845_thumb.jpg

(Pity about the Disaronno being low......lovely stuff)

Hi guys.

I have been watching the show "dangerous grounds" on DSTV.

This has got me wondering if i need to broaden my horizons a bit with some rare and international coffee varieties.

I am considering one of those "coffee of the month" type of deals.

Or does anyone have any suggestions?

My 2c is depends on your market I would say - are the current clients big on coffee? Maybe there aren't any proper coffee places in the area? Then they will come! But if not I would say rather get a bean/blend that works for you and people like (that you can get consistently from a supplier of the same quality) and focus on perfecting that so people know they get a good cup there each time. Otherwise it's perfecting the ground, temp etc. each time with a new coffee that may not be ideal.

So after my AEG machine blew the main seal I resorted to an Aeropress. Super impressed with it so far. A good dark, intense roast makes for a damn good cappuccino.

Anybody know where to get the portafilter seal for an AEG machine? Local agents don't seem to know.