Coffee machine

Very sharp :-)

What I would make in the morning sub-awake would not be drinkable , full auto good trade off for me !

I'm just kidding. A super auto has its place. Like at my office its what we use, easy for everyone and good coffee. .

At home tho. Another story.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this is great and dandy , to play and grind etc but if you want coffee do a lifestyle investment and get a Jura

Its so much easier to face the world on the morning after a decent cup of java !!

I agree on that point wholeheartedly.

On the other side of the coin, for me anyway ( and perhaps judging by the number of Nespresso machines out there) a fair number of others too, just want a good cup of hot coffee  and I am not interested in the process of getting it, I enjoy drinking it not making it, so I simply open a sleeve, pop in a pod and 40 seconds later I walk away with a great cup of coffee.

Damn, the stress of 8 capsules left and 6ft of snow outside is making me cranky!!.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

guys there is a good looking Oscar and matching grinder on OLX for R6k. If you looking for a decent home machine, check this out...

But then you always have to use those pods? Effectively locked into buying that product.

Saeco are great.

They're taking cues from Apple. Wrap it in shiny shiny and then proceed to roger your captive customers once they're hooked.

Can someone please give me feedback on a Porlex mill coffee grinder, im looking to upgrade my manual (currently have the Gator ceramic burr grinder). Sugestions are welcome

Can someone please give me feedback on a Porlex mill coffee grinder, im looking to upgrade my manual (currently have the Gator ceramic burr grinder). Sugestions are welcome

Love mine. I only use it for my aeropress, but it works so well!

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone converted their grinder from a doser to a doserless?

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone converted their grinder from a doser to a doserless?

What grinder is it? I'm keen to change my Mazzer to doserless.

Mazzer as well

Apparently It's as easy as going to koldserv and buying all the bits they keep all the parts.

What model is yours

Apparently It's as easy as going to koldserv and buying all the bits they keep all the parts.

What model is yours

Looking to buy one, and I've seen a few secondhand one's with a doser (still deciding on going new or used).  Ive read up on it a bit and I've seen other people do it (some very cheap conversions), but if i spend that kind of money id like to do a proper job on it.

Looking to buy one, and I've seen a few secondhand one's with a doser (still deciding on going new or used). Ive read up on it a bit and I've seen other people do it (some very cheap conversions), but if i spend that kind of money id like to do a proper job on it.

If you can get a Mazzer mini it's super easy as the parts are in stock. If it's a major or super jolly you'll have to get different parts

Told my wife my grinder cost about ZAR1200. Actually cost about 8 times that. Oh well.

This coffee thing has been loads of fun and now and then I even make progress. I have always struggled with a particular bean. Yirgachef from Ethiopia. Had a very good cup of this coffee from Origin in Capetown but it always came up a little thin and sour for me.

Well today I tried it again and I nailed it. Purged the very hot water in in my Oscar before pulling the shot. Then the moment it blonded I stopped it and it was at about 25 seconds. I was making a capuchino and decided to keep the milk towards the cool end of the range to keep it real sweet.. It was heaven. Best cup I have made ever.

Just had to share that.

Edited by HappyMartin

Once you've figured out your grinder, it's plain sailing. I used to cringe at the prospect of changing beans as I would waste so much dialling in the grinder. That's a thing of the past now. I'm so glad I went with a stepless grinder in the beginning.