Coffee machine

I still believe a bean to cup machine is the way to go

Nothing more satisfying than brewing the perfect cup of coffee and knowing that you did it all yourself. Go full manual. Auto machines are for secretaries....wink.png

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about coffee machines and fine coffee made me look out for a decent machine since this topic started and I finally came across this deal:

http://www.yuppieche...-with-Aeroccino

Machine, Frother and a R400 Pod Voucher for R2,395.00, is this a good deal, because I just could not find a better deal than this lately on the interweb.....

Can't wait, looking forward to it's arrival....

Yeah, I think its an excellent deal. Nespresso has been pushing the U machine very heavily to their clients via their newsletter, I like it, seems like the perfect little coffee machine.

http://www.nespresso.com/umachine/?l=en_ZA&cid=EM_ZAen_B2C_Nov12_Int_U_Launch_CRange

Yeah, I think its an excellent deal. Nespresso has been pushing the U machine very heavily to their clients via their newsletter, I like it, seems like the perfect little coffee machine.

http://www.nespresso...U_Launch_CRange

I am hinting heavily and hoping that Father Christmas brings me one whistling.gif

(been buying pods in anticipation)

I am hinting heavily and hoping that Father Christmas brings me one whistling.gif

(been buying pods in anticipation)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you going to have to be your own Father Christmas, pretty much like I have had to be.... Been hinting to the wife for a while with no darn response..... w00t.gif huh.png

To the Nespresso Connoisseurs, out of the list attached, what would a choice for a mild to strong creamy choice be?

post-9580-0-82532200-1352197843_thumb.jpg

@ Buzzman

My recommendation for mild(very relative!) creamy would be: Vivalto lungo or Roma.

The Vivalto lungo is the weakest of the 3, but flavourful and smooth. The Roma is stronger, but very versitile imo, works well in cuppachinos, lattes, americanos, one of my favourites.

Also consider Rosabaya, it is in between these 2 in strength, perhaps not so creamy, but makes a super nice cup.

@ Buzzman

My recommendation for mild(very relative!) creamy would be: Vivalto lungo or Roma.

The Vivalto lungo is the weakest of the 3, but flavourful and smooth. The Roma is stronger, but very versitile imo, works well in cuppachinos, lattes, americanos, one of my favourites.

Also consider Rosabaya, it is in between these 2 in strength, perhaps not so creamy, but makes a super nice cup.

Perfect, will try them.....thumbup1.gif

Rosabaya, Vivalto and Roma. Must get some Crealto before stock runs out.

Edited by MCipollini

Sweet thanx guys for the suggestions.... I'm new to this and it seems from what you guys are mentioning, Vivalto and Roma seems to top the list?

Sweet thanx guys for the suggestions.... I'm new to this and it seems from what you guys are mentioning, Vivalto and Roma seems to top the list?

Roma is the biggest seller in SA.

I like it as well.

Roma is the biggest seller in SA.

I like it as well.

Sweet Wayne, appreciate the feedback..... I'm burning to now try it..... Need to get the Pods, will try and make a turn at the V & A tomorrow sometime.... Have to get it before the weekend.....devil.gif

Sweet Wayne, appreciate the feedback..... I'm burning to now try it..... Need to get the Pods, will try and make a turn at the V & A tomorrow sometime.... Have to get it before the weekend.....devil.gif

Yeah, Roma is apparently the most popular, however my favorite is Rosabaya by quite a long shot. Then the Vivalto as a second choice.

Yeah, Roma is apparently the most popular, however my favorite is Rosabaya by quite a long shot. Then the Vivalto as a second choice.

I tried the Rosabaya last night, it was nice, but it was weak at the same time..... Maybe I made it wrong I do not know, but I will keep experimenting...

The machine came with a sample pack of the various blends, so working through them....

I tried the Rosabaya last night, it was nice, but it was weak at the same time..... Maybe I made it wrong I do not know, but I will keep experimenting...

The machine came with a sample pack of the various blends, so working through them....

The Rosabaya and myself don't see eye to eye.