Coffee machine

The Rosabaya and myself don't see eye to eye.

LOL.... I guess it again comes down your personal preference.... thumbup1.gif

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.... I guess it again comes down your personal preference.... thumbup1.gif

Yeah sure.

Maybe you diluted it a bit too much, cant remember exactly but I think the recommended dilution is only about 25-35ml - very short.

The Rosabaya and myself don't see eye to eye.

You sir, you take the Rosabaya to one side and speak to her nicely, find out what it is she wants. She has a plethora of flavour, you need to let her open up her... wait. Here..

My wife & I have been given a coffee machine that requires beans and not pods.We do not enjoy very strong coffee,in fact something closer to Wimpy coffee is more our taste.

Can anyone recommend which beans we should buy to suit our taste.

Thanks

My wife & I have been given a coffee machine that requires beans and not pods.We do not enjoy very strong coffee,in fact something closer to Wimpy coffee is more our taste.

Thanks

I like the Woolies Espresso beans, similar to what they use in their coffee shops. It is milder in taste than most. I have tried a lot of other off-the-shelf brands and have yet to find something that I really like. Most are good but not exceptional. However, it is best to find a coffee bean roaster in your area that can assist with your taste preference. But do experiment, taste differs or so I have been told.

There are lots of good info in this thread and most have been said already.

What has worked for myself for a good mild coffee:

I set the water temp to 92deg.

I use 5-6g per shot.

For above amount I set the grinder courseness until I get an espresso volume shot that takes roughly 30 seconds to complete.

For an even milder coffee I add hot water to the already brewed espresso shot. It does not come out the same if I set the machine to simply use more hot water. Likewise brewing 2 cups at the same time does not work well with my machine. I guess it simply doubles the beans and water in one go, which does not work well.

Thanks

Brew a normal espresso with the machine, and add hot water to make an Americano. Don't adjust the machine to use more water, you will ruin the taste.

Guest Travis.

Thanks

http://quaffee.co.za/Pages/forms/Orders.aspx - try the Limu from Ethopia - it's very mild. Most hardcore drinkers say it's too mild for them, but it's a very nice blend, especially when starting out with beans.

Thanks

I would recommend a mild coffee like an Ethiopian washed Sidamo or Limu. Very nice!

post-4181-0-70092600-1352104158_thumb.jpg

Got me a happy birthday grinder.

Now that looks like the real deal. Where from, what make, how much and why that one if you don't mind.

This seems a better place to hang out at the moment rather than all the drug stuff. A good clean legal drug that tastes good

Rosabaya, Vivalto and Roma. Must get some Crealto before stock runs out.

I shall have to let you know in the name of friends and all biggrin.png ,... that the Sandton Nespresso store is down to its last 100 odd Crealto tubes, the manager said he may get some more, he may not ..............so I took another 6 today, have about 10 in my pantry now .............and NO, they are not for sale.!laugh.png

Ok, so I've tried and tested the entire sample pack and I have to confess in no particular order that the following is what really makes a good cup of coffee for me:

Roma, Fortissio Lungo, Arpeggio and Livanto... The Ristretto is also good, however, the Indriya makes me Buzz, pardon the pun...

My Caffe Italy pod machine at work caved in.

Went on Saturday to buy the new Nesperesso U.

With the R 400 discount (which I used on coffee) it has to be the bargain of the century.

It also has some better features than the Citiz and Milk one I use at home.

Edited by Dangle

Went on Saturday to buy the new Nesperesso U.

With the R 400 discount (which I used on coffee) it has to be the bargain of the century.

??

Weent on Saturday to bu the new Nesperesso U.

I'm really enjoying mine, went into Descaling mode over the weekend and I K@K'd myself thinking, I only have it for a few days and it is already broken.... Was quite pissed off until my friends wife pointed out after reading the manual that it is descaling.... Read through the descaling instructions with the friends laughing at me, to eventually figure out what it was doing.... Alas! Machine finished descaling and me back to making good coffee....blush.png