Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that have a nespresso machine and are thinking of trying "ethical pods"... DON'T! They suck!

Suck how? Taste, functionally sucky? Other?

Suck how? Taste, functionally sucky? Other?

Compared to the Nespresso pods they taste pretty crap, I did only try two of their pods so maybe I was a little unfair to say they suck. Trying the original nespresso pods I just feel that ethical coffee pods are not in the same league.

It also seemed as if the lever/cover on the machine was harder to close with ethical pods

Compared to the Nespresso pods they taste pretty crap, I did only try two of their pods so maybe I was a little unfair to say they suck. Trying the original nespresso pods I just feel that ethical coffee pods are not in the same league.

It also seemed as if the lever/cover on the machine was harder to close with ethical pods

Hmm, I once tried those Caffee Luxe pods as well, awful, waste of time, effort and money. It will be really a tough call to beat the Nespresso pods in my opinion.

I got all excited and bought a couple of boxes of ethicals. I wont use them! I am convinced that they will stuff up my machine. It 'seems' as if the pressure build up too high in the pods. The coffee barely trickles out and sometimes even stops flowing while the pump is still going. Tastes crappy too and if you watch the shot, it is only dark for the first 2 or so seconds, thereafter just hot water.

Free pods to anyone who wants to try break their machine.... :thumbdown:

Hey all of you guys that are not impressed with the ethical pods - i think you should get in touch with them. Either get your money back or at the very least get them to sort their &*#$ out. If it's the guy who developed the original Nespresso machine / pods you'd think he knows what he's doing - send them an email tell them what problems you're having. They advertise it as Nespresso compatible if it's not the case - Vent.

Hey all of you guys that are not impressed with the ethical pods - i think you should get in touch with them. Either get your money back or at the very least get them to sort their &*#$ out. If it's the guy who developed the original Nespresso machine / pods you'd think he knows what he's doing - send them an email tell them what problems you're having. They advertise it as Nespresso compatible if it's not the case - Vent.

They were actually more expensive than Nespresso pods, I would love my money back problem is that I used half of them thinking "maybe I need to change water quantities or something". They were the first pods I tried so only when I went to the Nespresso store a few days later I realized how crap the ethical coffee was:(

They were actually more expensive than Nespresso pods, I would love my money back problem is that I used half of them thinking "maybe I need to change water quantities or something". They were the first pods I tried so only when I went to the Nespresso store a few days later I realized how crap the ethical coffee was:(

if it was me I'd do it anyway. start with emailing them or using social media - i think you'll find they'll rather refund you then have their brand tarnished. You're protected by the CPA - it doesnt' do what it says it does then they have to refund you, even if you've used some of them. Doesn't help to try - get your money back to buy the nespresso ones at least.

I got all excited and bought a couple of boxes of ethicals. I wont use them! I am convinced that they will stuff up my machine. It 'seems' as if the pressure build up too high in the pods. The coffee barely trickles out and sometimes even stops flowing while the pump is still going. Tastes crappy too and if you watch the shot, it is only dark for the first 2 or so seconds, thereafter just hot water.

Free pods to anyone who wants to try break their machine.... :thumbdown:

I havent tried the ethical pods, and I wont now, but its a similar issue with the Caffee Luxe pods, the coffe is very weak and after a few seconds it looks to me like its just hot water.

Nespresso Sandton told me that only the Nespresso pods have a special foil top, the rest use a sort of plastic top which can often melt in the machine, I was told they see it regularly, and Nespresso DOES void the warranty, no matter what the makers of the generic brands say, so unless you feel like fighting it out in court, if you do use a generic pod and it melts in your machine, they are going to void the warranty and make you pay to repair it.

Is anyone using the Lavazza Guzinni Machine? Where can i buy the Blue Pods online. I dont really want to buy a Box of 100 pods thats all the same flavour.

this is a very serious coffee fred...................... now someone please tell me, if i go to mug and bean and order a cappuccino what machine do they use and how does it compare to all the machines under discussion?? :blink: :wacko:

this is a very serious coffee fred...................... now someone please tell me, if i go to mug and bean and order a cappuccino what machine do they use and how does it compare to all the machines under discussion?? :blink: :wacko:

On a very serious note, it's not about the machine but rather the flesshy bit behind it pushing the buttons...

Those are industrial machines that they use and they cost a lot. If you have even a little bit of knowledge you can construct a better cappuccion than them at home with a budget of around R3k (Machine and Grinder).

Usually a Nuovo Simonelli 2 or 3 group machine - supplied by Allesandro (mentioned in the thread)

Just a bigger scale than most home use machines... but internally much the same as the Oscar - just bigger.... with more electronics - nice toys, but largely unsuitable for home use - unless you are a geek.

If you have even a little bit of knowledge you can construct a better cappuccion than them at home with a budget of around R3k (Machine and Grinder).

Not easily.... going to be a LOT of work to match those machines with a 3k machine - definably not going to consistently outclass them - very hit and miss indeed.... now if M&B would just use a decent fresh coffee...

That is not to say it could not be done, just going to be difficult, and for sure will need more than a little bit of knowledge and skill on the part of the 3k machine user.