Sweat management

I'm really tired of burning eyes while cycling, the sweat just gutters down my forehead.

For running I use a cap which I pull down just above my eyes the sweat seems to gather on and run off the end of the peak.

I've read many product reviews etc but love to know from my fellow hubbers as to what REALLY WORKS for sweat management and specifically to cycling ?

Lip ice at an angle across the tops of my eyebrows. Sweat runs along the lip ice line and down the side of my face. I also use a Bufff. Both great options.

i use a Halo bandanna ... works like a charm !! :thumbup:

just hate the lovely line across my forehead after the ride :whistling:

I also used to use headbands and bandana but they make me overheat.

Got a new helmet while ago and theairflow is such that I do not need it anymore, altjhough I had a guy behind me complaining in one race that my sweat was getting into his eyes. Using Giro Helmet now. Coincidently went riding with old helmet yesterday and after an hour had sweat in my eyes so Helmet defineteley works for me.

get a GUTR. they do work. www.sweatgutr.com

Seen them here in a few LBS.

My brother uses the Halo, sweats too much and that leads to the Halo not being able to handle it. My Brother in law uses the Gutr and that works perfectly if you are a heavy sweater

I have the Halo Headband and it works OK.......about a 75% improvement vs riding without it.

i suppose different strokes for different folks .... @ Seeker911 give both options a go namely the Gutr and Halo

Edited by jules 26er

After buying a few items to reduce sweat I figured out that a helmet with proper ventilation helps most to prevent sweat in the first place!

on a similar note - how do you manage your clothing sweat. The reason i ask is that when i wear a jacket i sweat insanely underneath and without it I freeze. particulaily due to the cold air coming into contact on the wet clothes? Does this happen to anyone else?

Well must be honest in 15 years+ of cycling this is the first time sweating has become some what of problem and NOT because I am older. I am probably the fittest I have ever been. So I'm leaning towards thinking the helmet is the problem because this really only started round about when I got my new helmet but I never did the 1+1 thing. I'm not going to knock any products based on what I have read hear so please dont ask for the brand name. Must say the vaseline thing works everywhere else including my bibs shorts :D so I guess it might just work on my forehead as well. I'm going to try this on Tuesday avie and see how it works. I will report back. If not I will try a few other suggestions listed above.