Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no i did not ... you are asking because of the amabubezi shirt .

yes. IMO it's wrong. YOU should only be able to own an Amabubesi Finishers Club shirt if you have in fact finished sufficient epics to be able to own one.

And before anyone says it, No it's NOT the same as wearing a replica team shirt (Liverpool, springbok etc) as there you're supporting a team, whereas the Amabubesi shirt represents a personal achievement. Like the shirts they give out with the XTerra race packs. You can only ever get one if you've entered and collected.

yes. IMO it's wrong. YOU should only be able to own an Amabubesi Finishers Club shirt if you have in fact finished sufficient epics to be able to own one.

And before anyone says it, No it's NOT the same as wearing a replica team shirt (Liverpool, springbok etc) as there you're supporting a team, whereas the Amabubesi shirt represents a personal achievement. Like the shirts they give out with the XTerra race packs. You can only ever get one if you've entered and collected.

I hear what you are saying but then why do they sell these jerseys if the general public shouldn't be wearing them?

I hear what you are saying but then why do they sell these jerseys if the general public shouldn't be wearing them?

Ask Craft. They offloaded a ton of them.

EDIT: The question, though, should be: "why do the public buy them when they know what Amabubesi represents"?

As to that - it's a reflection of how the person views themselves. Look at me, I'm an Amabubesi!

Or, as Wyatt calls it now (thanks to this) - Amaboepensie

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Guest Omega Man

What a fail.

It also grates me when people wear world champion stripe jerseys.

What a fail.

It also grates me when people wear world champion stripe jerseys.

If it's in support of a rider, I can see why (like wearing a Minn branded WC jersey) as you're supporting HIM.

But if you just wear a WC jersey (which unlike team jerseys aren't team specific) then yeah, you're a tjop.

Because the manufacturer and the organiser of The Epic are unethical twits.

Aha, not that I would wear one anyway. I just thougt it odd that the epic guys would make a custom order of this kit and then not take all of the kit that they ordered from craft.

.... and lest we forget it's not even cool for people who have earned them to wear them in public :ph34r:

More marketing for epic. If the epic ordered the shirts why is craft sitting with them. (I don't think craft will make jerseys without an order)

More marketing for epic. If the epic ordered the shirts why is craft sitting with them. (I don't think craft will make jerseys without an order)

It's a case of Vermaak saying "Make 1000, I'm sure they will sell" but only 250 sell so what do you do with the excess?

Throw away?? No you sell it for R199 to cover you costs.