Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Had to have my eyes tested and decided to go with this one. My DKW brille, dans, kerk, werk, sonbrille en fietsry brille in een. Fit is super comfy with different earpieces and nose thinghy for doing sports. Oakley OX8136 Crosslink fit with tested lenses for my bad eyes.

Currently with shorter ear pieces (longer set helps to keep it on one's head much better) for everyday use but with sports nose thinghy which keeps it a bit further away from one's nose.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

50745a98f1d9266f212bb9c9352d1240.jpgaeca8eb24b98ed424c58bb0640980560.jpg9e0457494265c06b14d6f31e8d2e6717.jpg3dfa263762a24b049e93acf3431a7d46.jpg

Very cool.

Glasses are such a hit and miss. I have a pair of Adidas evil eye's with the prescription inserts. Work well and the tinted lenses are not so dark so that you are blinded in darker areas.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to have my eyes tested and decided to go with this one. My DKW brille, dans, kerk, werk, sonbrille en fietsry brille in een. Fit is super comfy with different earpieces and nose thinghy for doing sports. Oakley OX8136 Crosslink fit with tested lenses for my bad eyes.

Currently with shorter ear pieces (longer set helps to keep it on one's head much better) for everyday use but with sports nose thinghy which keeps it a bit further away from one's nose.

50745a98f1d9266f212bb9c9352d1240.jpgaeca8eb24b98ed424c58bb0640980560.jpg9e0457494265c06b14d6f31e8d2e6717.jpg3dfa263762a24b049e93acf3431a7d46.jpg

Nice brille, man. If I may make a suggestion... If the budget extends to it, see if you can get another pair with a yellow / red tint to the lens. I personally find that the yellow or red tint makes a helluva difference to how your eyes filter the colours on the trail, and the colours become a lot more vibrant than normal tinted lenses. They allow you to pick up variances in the trail far more easily than you'd normally be able to. 

I have been wearing glasses for many many years and mostly gone with Oakley, you cant really go wrong with them. I tried some other brands but always ended up coming back.

I also have a set of evil eye with the inserts. Been very dissapointed with them. When * need a new pair of sepctacles, I will be going with oakley or rayban.

What insert is nice of oakley thats not too small .

I had Adidas and have Rudi Projects with inserts, Rudi foggs up which I don't like, the Adidas I lost when they were quite new.

Haven't used the Oakleys for sports yet, but they are very comfy and they changes colours from clear to darker grey very quickly. These are tested lenses so I don't want to change them with yellow/redish lenses at the moment and anyway, money doesn't allow it at the moment. I used to have yellow driving glasses for driving at night and they were awesome with brightness etc. [emoji6]

I also have a set of evil eye with the inserts. Been very dissapointed with them. When * need a new pair of sepctacles, I will be going with oakley or rayban.

What insert is nice of oakley thats not too small .

I am happy with my Adidas, only annoying bit is when sweat drips between the lense and insert. No fogging and I sweat like a racehorse when cycling. The inserts are also super cheap to replace when your prescription changes, unlinke a full, curved lense.........

I have prescription lenses in my Oakley's for driving and when out and about.

I have had issues with the matte finish frames and sweat, they tend to "delaminate". so I would not use Oakleys for cycling, personally. These wer on 2 seperate frames, same issue.

Also, personal preference, but I don't like the look of dedicated cycling glasses for everyday wear. I prefer to have at least a normal pair of glasses and then prescription sunglasses

Been using the same set of Evil Eyes since 2004. Only had to replace one arm when somebody knocked my glasses out of my hands after a race, and then somebody else stepped on it before I could pick it up. Was cheap to replace.

Since my eyes are quite "steady", I'm still using the original set of inserts.

Only thing fairly expensive is replacement lenses. I wanted to get a set of clear lenses for night riding, but balked at the quoted price (and this was a few years ago)

I wear reading glasses. I am finding that when I ride, I can see the track ahead of me fine, but I am battling to read my Garmin when I look down... (Getting old isn't for sissies)

Can you get "reading inserts" for cycling glasses? The arm on my Uvex just broke so I am due for a new pair.

I am happy with my Adidas, only annoying bit is when sweat drips between the lense and insert. No fogging and I sweat like a racehorse when cycling. The inserts are also super cheap to replace when your prescription changes, unlinke a full, curved lense.........

I have prescription lenses in my Oakley's for driving and when out and about.

I have had issues with the matte finish frames and sweat, they tend to "delaminate". so I would not use Oakleys for cycling, personally. These wer on 2 seperate frames, same issue.

Also, personal preference, but I don't like the look of dedicated cycling glasses for everyday wear. I prefer to have at least a normal pair of glasses and then prescription sunglasses

Dont let any moisture on the adidas lenses. They become unusable afterwards. I have the foam padding around the frame, making it like a goggle and it fogs up, but only when i stop. I have a brown and yellow lens and the yellow is by the best in low  light 

Picked this up recently - still need to sort out my fitment. I think its one of the prettiest bikes Giant have designed recently (IMO)

Ya I know it might have too much gold  :ph34r:  #sorrynotsorry

attachicon.gifIMG_20190221_165003.jpg

Very nice! Congrats on the new wheels. Whats the specs?

Droo built her up today. I got home a little late to go out for a maiden voyage, so it will happen tomorrow morning.

First impressions, it's moer long, moer slack, and moer heavy! You also sit on top of the bb which should be awesome on long climbs!

The red stem will be replaced with a black one once I settle on the right length.

attachicon.gif20190218_192308.jpg

Schonenberg?

Yes, XX1 chain, KMC X12 chain is a bit cheaper (bought one as spare)

Gold chainring is from cSixx  :clap:

ok cool. like the bling XX1 chain?