Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I saw him on 48mm Dugast's with Ritchey tread.

Wont the difference in weight on the end of the wheel make the difs? ie 26 with beefy tyre as oppose to 650b with skinny tyres??

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also prefer a 26er and was chatting to one of the tyre reps this morning.He says if i change from a 2.25 to a 2.4 it will be very close to a 27.5.Not sure if anyone has measured this?

Yes, and true.

Nice one Nige!

How much did SARS demand of your your retirement funds for it or was it just the VAT?

The SA500 Form showed only Vat - which is sweet - But the forms are still at FOREX now, (I had to submit them) so we will see if FOREX are poopals and charge me more - but i doubt it

The SA500 Form showed only Vat - which is sweet - But the forms are still at FOREX now, (I had to submit them) so we will see if FOREX are poopals and charge me more - but i doubt it

That's good to hear. You shouldn't be charged any extra then. :thumbup:

Just be aware of the 10% "handling" fee that SARS like to charge. They add 10% to the vat and end up with 15,4%. If that is what you were charged then you are golden. If you were only charged 14% there may still be a 10% charge coming.

Not guaranteed, but that is my experience.

Thats fine ... Im not phased - its been through SARS etc and they put the Tax stuff in etc. So the SARS MRN value etc was set at R3500 or so ... If i have to pay an extra R400 so be it.

I have my frame - thats what counts

Thats fine ... Im not phased - its been through SARS etc and they put the Tax stuff in etc. So the SARS MRN value etc was set at R3500 or so ... If i have to pay an extra R400 so be it.

I have my frame - thats what counts

Can you not claim the VAT back on the frame as you "use the frame for work" when testing and building the WC DH course?

Selling my On-One SS and goodies to fund this project ... frame will be in my grubby paws by tomorrow!

On-One 456 Summer Season RAW (26'er)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/Biking/On-One/IMG_0008.jpg

Frame collected this morning ... postage / shipping cost me cup of coffee :)

Frame collected this morning ... postage / shipping cost me cup of coffee :)

build details? pics?

build details? pics?

Pics to follow once I have cleaned up the frame.

Build: (No budget to speak of as I have to buy for what I am selling off my Inbred, so this is costing me "nothing")

• Fork_Currently looking for one.
  • Hubs_Have a white Superstar rear hub reserved for me, still need to order the QR conversion kit and a matching white front hub. This order will be placed when I know what the forks axel format will be.
  • Rims_Green Dartmoor Raiders (http://dialdbikes.co.za/dartmoor-raider-rim.html)
  • Spokes_Black with Brass nipples, final discussion to take place with LBS closer to the time RE exact spec
  • Headset currently a BBB one, but will be upgraded in due time
  • Seatpost, I stupidly sold mine with my Inbred sale, so need to find a 27.2mm post again. Might get a Superstar one
  • Crank_Deore Hollow Tech 2 that I had in the Inbred
  • Will be running SS to start, but maybe a 1 x 9 or 3 x 9 setup with an old drive train in the bike spares box
  • Handle Bars_The white Fatboys on the MOTO at the moment
  • Stem_60mm Flyride
  • Tyres_I have a 2.5" Excavator I can use on the front and a nearly worn down 2.35" Nevagal for the rear ... this to be upgraded in the near future
  • Brakes_Crappy brakes I had on the Inbred, with a upgrade on a set of brakes that Swissvan is donating ... only catch is I need to get it down from Switzerland and that cost is not factored in .... working on this problem though and should have it before December.
  • Saddle .... a White Scott OEM saddle that just feels so good.

SO. International Trade sent the wrong item. So this:

post-3056-0-90603600-1384323421_thumb.png

Has been replaced with this:

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/img/product/full/k/ksskkmjq.jpg

Yes, it was a little bit more $$. But only just. With the additional shipping and stuff factored in, it would have been R 300 more than the i950. And, it gets rid of the cabling "issue"