Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, best of luck.  :thumbup:

Thanks man!

Joh, business class.

Enjoy!!

hahaha, that was just by luck. I booked the ticket as 'premium economy' because of the extra 10kg baggage allowance (I'm going to need every gram I can get). It worked out only slightly more than paying for 10kg excess baggage, but has the added bonus of better seats on the long haul, and business class on the connecting flight.

It's cheap you get paid in dollars.....

haha, sadly I had to pay Randellas for this ticket, as I'm not earning dollars yet.

1 way to NZ cost about the same as 3x return trips to Europe... so yeah, it hurt  :wacko:

Bought a Niner Rigid Carbon from Nico at South Industries (

CranksofGlory)

this past week. WHAT. A. BLAST!!! Best money I've spent on my bike ever. Thanks Nico!
Henning that is a beat of a fork, but I enjoy my Rock shox 120 gold a great lot. Another question though, how do you find the Rapide wheels, I have a Merida full susser with the Alex wheels and in the future I would like to get a better set. I had Stanz on my Ht which I really enjoyed a lot but in my stupidity sold it some time ago, much to my regret now[emoji15]

Henning that is a beat of a fork, but I enjoy my Rock shox 120 gold a great lot. Another question though, how do you find the Rapide wheels, I have a Merida full susser with the Alex wheels and in the future I would like to get a better set. I had Stanz on my Ht which I really enjoyed a lot but in my stupidity sold it some time ago, much to my regret now[emoji15]

BSG, the Rapide wheels have been brilliant. No complaints whatsoever. I upgraded from AlexRims DM21 with Shimano M475 hubs to the Rapidé TR29 TrailRacer wheels (Rapidé R25 rims - 25mm internal / 30mm external) on Rapidé Ultralight PRO hubs (these come complete with quick release and thru-axel adapters).

I've done approximately 1200 kilometers so far, and all I can say is that I am extremely pleased. I'm a heavy chap (108kg before breakfast), and so far this wheel set has been rock solid. Excellent value for money.

5ee4dfd908b3b9366f3f72a962f23601.jpg

A small fold up pair of pliers...to cut cable ties...tighten the valve after you unscrew it with bomb adaptor by mistake...etc

It has a blade...screw drivers and a bottle opener for those who cant pop a top off with your teeth [emoji6]

5ee4dfd908b3b9366f3f72a962f23601.jpg

A small fold up pair of pliers...to cut cable ties...tighten the valve after you unscrew it with bomb adaptor by mistake...etc

It has a blade...screw drivers and a bottle opener for those who cant pop a top off with your teeth [emoji6]

It is amazing how many times you actually use these things when you have one. So handy.

A tip though, try it out then get a leatherman. After many different branded ones I got a Leatherman and the quality and finish is worth the layout. Broken the screwdriver tip twice and each time had it repaired for free with the lifetime warranty.

Bought a Niner Rigid Carbon from Nico at South Industries (CranksofGlorythis past week. WHAT. A. BLAST!!! Best money I've spent on my bike ever. Thanks Nico!

Very nice. Glad you're enjoying it!

treated myself to a new set of rims

build is a set of Easton ARC 30 rims onto my existing Hope evo2 hubs.

maiden ride tomorrow, cant frikken wait, i am like a kid at xmas.

as always big thanks go to J-Hound at the Trailhead for awesome service, professionalism and quality workmanship!!!

post-19041-0-67182100-1457424236_thumb.jpg

post-19041-0-01610400-1457424242_thumb.jpg

It is amazing how many times you actually use these things when you have one. So handy.

A tip though, try it out then get a leatherman. After many different branded ones I got a Leatherman and the quality and finish is worth the layout. Broken the screwdriver tip twice and each time had it repaired for free with the lifetime warranty.

+1 million!

I got mine for my 25th birthday. I turn 34 this year and I don't think a single day has gone by where I haven't used it. An absolutely brilliant piece of kit.

+1 million!

I got mine for my 25th birthday. I turn 34 this year and I don't think a single day has gone by where I haven't used it. An absolutely brilliant piece of kit.

Second that

Got my Leatherman in 1994 or 1995 - still going strong and has got me out of more than one fix

In all that time only had to replace the pliers (after I buggered it up cutting bloudraad) and one blade. All for free and done while I waited at one of the annual gun shows where Leatherman were exhibiting