Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Bought a park tool chain checker...now I wish hadn't...the tool just drops into the chain on the trek on both sides [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26] ... There is an up side...my other 3 bikes the tool doesn't drop in on either side [emoji3]

I suppose you clock up the mileage on a second hand bike you purchase...things have got to got to start wearing out [emoji57]

Those checkers tend to overestimate the chain wear. If it indicates wear by dropping in then remove chain and measure by hand for an accurate result. The chain checkers are only good for a quick screening test. I have one too. Mine reads 0.5% when the actual wear is 0.25%

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Park Tool checkers are great, only negative is don't drop them or throw them haphazardly into a tool box, they are susceptible to bending, ie be careful with it and check it is flat from time to time. As to their accuracy, they do the job, tell you when you are starting to hit the danger area, I'd rather change my chain earlier rather than later and that's all I'm interested in.

Looking forward to trying these out tomorrow (my first baggie experience)

The only baggies my hubby wears.. he has 5 pairs.. and 1 exactly like this one.

Spesialized Diverge Elite with fat tyres. Super comfortable.

Not a Spez fan,but man-o-man,that is a thing of beauty.[emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

The only baggies my hubby wears.. he has 5 pairs.. and 1 exactly like this one.

I got them at the old price R650, so were fantastic value for money.

Compared to other baggies, they are still well priced at R750. 

They felt comfortable and I forgot I was wearing baggies for most of the ride.I would definitely recommend them.

I got them at the old price R650, so were fantastic value for money.

Compared to other baggies, they are still well priced at R750.

They felt comfortable and I forgot I was wearing baggies for most of the ride.I would definitely recommend them.

Nice.. hubby feels the same.. very good if you can find baggies that are comfy, sometimes it is hit and miss.

I got a pair of those grips as a gift, but I can't get them on. How did you do it?

My LBS fit them for me.

I got a pair of those grips as a gift, but I can't get them on. How did you do it?

soapy water! little bit of sunlight liquid in some water! grips slip right on. leave to dry ! done!