Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Black Friday plague hit us hard this year, especially with all of the super deals at some of our local bike stores. (thanks CWC/Cyclelab). It's so easy to convince one's wife when they see 56% off ha ha ha...

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/flr-shoe-uni-afx-pro-flatline-black at a steal for R 699.99

saw those...wish i had the luxury of walking into any shoe store and find my size lol. UK13 :blush:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah screw it, here goes:

my new set of spungy 'Shitmano' m6000 brakes and my frame color matching Marsh Guard :)

My new high volume 2.4 german conti Trail Kings which turn my outdated donkey crap 26" sun ringle mtx 33's into 650b's

and my very manchildy and oh so 90's  purple hope hubs and matching rotors  :P

oh and a super nice but very outdated new old stock 26" lyrik Rc2 Dh

:lol: 

Full bike pic please.

Cant believe you ride Continentals :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

ah screw it, here goes:

my new set of spungy 'Shitmano' m6000 brakes and my frame color matching Marsh Guard :)

My new high volume 2.4 german conti Trail Kings which turn my outdated donkey crap 26" sun ringle mtx 33's into 650b's

and my very manchildy and oh so 90's  purple hope hubs and matching rotors  :P

oh and a super nice but very outdated new old stock 26" lyrik Rc2 Dh

:lol: 

one day I'm going to get a set of wheels built with purple hubs - manchildly and beautiful - I had my whole bike painted purple and everytime I ride it I wish it had purple hubs

I like the bike and i like the floors but i don't like the bike lying on the floor.

Does that frame have internal dropper routing?

It does have internal routing, but the seat post being 27.2 makes the choice of dropper posts quite limited.

I shall have to give it a proper clean and pop it on the couch while the Mrs is away

wait...let me do it right then...apparently there are also rules about how to do that correctly on these forums

Get with the program man, and get that bike on the couch.

Also, it's Magic Marys or Minions...or do you want Myles to come school you on that too?

one day I'm going to get a set of wheels built with purple hubs - manchildly and beautiful - I had my whole bike painted purple and everytime I ride it I wish it had purple hubs

If only I can get those purple hubs in stock. Always one that's not in stock, be it only Shimano freehubs, or only 135 or boost spacing available. 

Also, if only my order can be delivered I can also boast about something for a change.

Get with the program man, and get that bike on the couch.

Also, it's Magic Marys or Minions...or do you want Myles to come school you on that too?

haha...i have 2 sets of DHF minions...but saving the for the dirt since they are super tacky compound. anyhow...here goes. not sure if i got everything right re crank position etc though...go easy lol:

took the one outside yesterday while bedding in the brakes. the light not that great inside. so yes, all in all this has been my money pit the last few months. the big boy bmx  :wub:

post-64325-0-06228700-1543560449_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-55570100-1543560472_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-96749100-1543561627_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

what a bike, those hubs  :drool:

Needs a dropper!

haha...i have 2 sets of DHF minions...but saving the for the dirt since they are super tacky compound. anyhow...here goes. not sure if i got everything right re crank position etc though...go easy lol:

took the one outside yesterday while bedding in the brakes. the light not that great inside. so yes, all in all this has been my money pit the last few months. the big boy bmx  :wub:

what a bike, those hubs  :drool:

Needs a dropper!

Thanks! will be getting a lyne 170mm one soon hopefully. want new bars and stem too. those and the seatpost are parts from another bike...initially thought they'd be fine but now they just don't seem worthy of the rest haha

Well I would also think that if it was just one bleed - but every time, 2 different sets of Shimano brakes, multiply mechanics (and myself) - Shimanos just need bleeding often if the bikes are stored front wheel up or upside down.

If you're needing to bleed brakes so often there's something else wrong. Brakes don't just magically suck in air. If they did they would leak fluid when you used them. 

I've had XT's on my last 3 bikes, over 10 years. Never had to bleed them other than when trimming cables. But you have to be very specific when you bleed to remove all the trapped bubbles. 

If you're needing to bleed brakes so often there's something else wrong. Brakes don't just magically suck in air. If they did they would leak fluid when you used them.

I've had XT's on my last 3 bikes, over 10 years. Never had to bleed them other than when trimming cables. But you have to be very specific when you bleed to remove all the trapped bubbles.

Stored vertically - just the front brake where calliper is higher than lever. Not an issue when stored horizontally - Shimano brakes suck in air when the calliper is higher than the lever.

And I don't have to bleed - the brakes just don't stay as "bitey" as I'd like them to. This does not happen with other brands. Have had lots of Shimano brakes, lots of non Shimano brakes. There is no way every Shimano brake I've ever had has had something wrong with it.

It's just the way they are....

Stored vertically - just the front brake where calliper is higher than lever. Not an issue when stored horizontally - Shimano brakes suck in air when the calliper is higher than the lever.

And I don't have to bleed - the brakes just don't stay as "bitey" as I'd like them to. This does not happen with other brands. Have had lots of Shimano brakes, lots of non Shimano brakes. There is no way every Shimano brake I've ever had has had something wrong with it.

It's just the way they are....

Ya, but also consider that if it were as common a problem as you are suggesting, they would have become a dead brand long ago, no way people, especially manufacturers keep shoving money into a company that is pissing off the majority of their clients.

I find it hard to believe, especially in a day and age where bitching and moaning is made soo simple and soo public that a company shipping products soo fundamentally flawed remains in business. It not like we are not spoilt for choice for these components, there are dozens of brands and as many have said are/can be superior to Shimano, a lot of bikes are also coming with both Shimano and SRAM options, SRAM especially has equally price comparable products, so it would not be hard for manufacturers to just stop putting apparent fault products on as their reputation will take all the knocks along with Shimano.

It could genuinely be that the world hates you, like my mother and tech, I often upgrade her phones/tabs/media players with my stuff, and for me it has worked perfectly for months/years and the moment I had it to her somehow it goes to ****, we talking media players, tablets, the last 5 phones across different manufacturers, cell networks the works all manage to share the same problems.

The media player that I used for 1.5 years she has now, it did not give me a second of trouble has gone to complete ****, the media player she had that was giving her trouble I took and its working flawlessly, and I did literally nothing to it, plugged it in and perfection, and its like 4 years old already.

Maybe you pissed off a ghost or something in your last life who knows. lol