Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Collected my Spark 940 yesterday.

3fcf24625673f17b2b9493dfac8d5d0e.jpg

Eish, the more I see dual suspensions on this thread, the more I want to get another dually.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Explaining modulation to someone one shimano is like explaining colour to a blind man.

This does seem to support your claims but as with all things...there are other variables too. 

According to this and all those variables some of the best brakes you can buy is some Formula Cura's and they are only ~R3,5k a set locally.

Deores are some of the best brakes you can buy for the money...this also proves it.

good article and well tested - lab and trail.

SRAM doesnt really feature anywhere too if you look at that lol. right at the bottom are the links to each individual brakeset. They all have flaws...some still using DOT fluid is one of them in my opinion.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/best-mtb-disc-brake-can-buy/

post-64325-0-94151400-1543514447_thumb.jpg

post-64325-0-01740800-1543515078_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

This does seem to support your claims but as with all things...there are other variables too.

According to this and all those variables some of the best brakes you can buy is some Formula Cura's and they are only ~R3,5k a set locally.

Deores are some of the best brakes you can buy for the money...this also proves it.

good article and well tested - lab and trail.

SRAM doesnt really feature anywhere too if you look at that lol. right at the bottom are the links to each individual brakeset. They all have flaws...some still using DOT fluid is one of them in my opinion.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/best-mtb-disc-brake-can-buy/

Curas are simply amazing. I'm not gonna choose them over Hopes if it was given to me, but my money will go to Formula for sure. Had mine for over a year now, haven't had to bleed at all, modulation is great, stopping power great.

Compared to Shimano XT M8000 on my other bike (which I ride about 1 time for every 5 times I ride the bike with Curas) - I have to bleed every 3 months, they get squishy every time the bike is not upright, and the power is either on or off - no inbetween.

Curas are simply amazing. I'm not gonna choose them over Hopes if it was given to me, but my money will go to Formula for sure. Had mine for over a year now, haven't had to bleed at all, modulation is great, stopping power great.

Compared to Shimano XT M8000 on my other bike (which I ride about 1 time for every 5 times I ride the bike with Curas) - I have to bleed every 3 months, they get squishy every time the bike is not upright, and the power is either on or off - no inbetween.

Even my. M7000 worked better than what you describing, sounds like them shitty deoers that came with my 2nd bike, my M7 was blead for the first time when they took them off, not sure why you'd bleed brakes heading into a box, sure there's a reason.

Going from deore to the M7 was like a life changing experience, I could control my speed with my brakes instead of my tyres dragging through the dirt. It was a whole new sensation being able to pull brakes without locking up a wheel.

Wish I knew then what I know know, **** I'd have replaced those things soo fast.

sounds like a botched bleed

Even my. M7000 worked better than what you describing, sounds like them shitty deoers that came with my 2nd bike, my M7 was blead for the first time when they took them off, not sure why you'd bleed brakes heading into a box, sure there's a reason.

Going from deore to the M7 was like a life changing experience, I could control my speed with my brakes instead of my tyres dragging through the dirt. It was a whole new sensation being able to pull brakes without locking up a wheel.

Wish I knew then what I know know, **** I'd have replaced those things soo fast.

Well shitty when compared to Curas - I wouldn't have said XTs were bad before I had Curas. Ignorance is bliss. They work, there are just better options out there. The XTs I have work like all other XT M8000s - no manufacturer fault or anything.

I store my bikes vertically front wheel up against the wall - that's where Shimanos take in air. Same on my wife's bike - she has Deore brakes. Out of the 3 bikes I have in the garage, only the bike with Curas don't take in air and need bleeding often. It's a well known issue on Shimanos.

sounds like a botched bleed

Well I would also think that if it was just one bleed - but every time, 2 different sets of Shimano brakes, multiply mechanics (and myself) - Shimanos just need bleeding often if the bikes are stored front wheel up or upside down.