Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was always under the impression that these would just be โ€œnice to havesโ€, but when Zwift announced that theyโ€™d be integrating virtual shifting, I just had to get them.ย 
ย 

20240419_124452.jpegAbsolutely loving them.ย 

Edited by NicholasT

1 hour ago, NicholasT said:

I was always under the impression that these would just be โ€œnice to havesโ€, but when Zwift announced that theyโ€™d be integrating virtual shifting, I just had to get them.ย 
ย 

20240419_124452.jpegAbsolutely loving them.ย 

Been considering getting them myself. How did you get them over here?

8 minutes ago, thebob said:

Been considering getting them myself. How did you get them over here?

I was fortunate enough to have a friend visiting family in the Netherlands. So the family ordered them and the friend brought them back.

I must say, given the amount of South Africans I see on Zwift, they really could make it easier for us to get their products.ย 

Received these in the mail today. Hybrid cable/hydraulic calipers, "best of both worlds". And it came in the oil slick colour. Got a bunch of other stuff on the order too (all from temu), but I'll post some detail in the temu thread.ย ย 

ย 

Yet to be tested to see what the quality is actually like, but the fit and finish is better than I was expecting already.ย 

20240419_173552.jpg

Edited by bebnin

23 hours ago, ChunkyMonkey said:

ARRIVED AT LAST!! ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ‘

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2652.jpeg

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

And?

The new GX Dub crank is a bit disappointingโ€ฆ BB already going SQUEAKYโ€ฆ

brakes are better than expected.. Not spongy like the old ones..

45 minutes ago, ChunkyMonkey said:

The new GX Dub crank is a bit disappointingโ€ฆ BB already going SQUEAKYโ€ฆ

brakes are better than expected.. Not spongy like the old ones..

What BB shell is it ?ย 

ย 

Your old brakes might just have need a good flush.

8 hours ago, BaGearA said:

What BB shell is it ?ย 

On that frame, likely the โ€œPโ€ word?ย 

The wheels-MFG BSA bb on one of my bikes is going on 5y old now. Never been opened. Smooth as a salamander dipped in KY. Remove chain and watch crank spin for days. I have them on all my bikes, including a back up one in my parts bin i found lying on the sales table at CWC one day for half price - like nobody knew what it was. Never grabbed sonething so fast๐Ÿคฃ

Edited by MORNE

9 hours ago, BaGearA said:

What BB shell is it ?ย 

ย 

Your old brakes might just have need a good flush.

SRAM DUB (BSA).ย  Cannondale moved away from the PF30 stuff with this model.

Then a crunchy BB is very surprising, got little over a year now on the same BB and mine has been flawlessย ย 

10 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Then a crunchy BB is very surprising, got little over a year now on the same BB and mine has been flawlessย ย 

Have to agree yes.
Cannondale has done BSA on the new road bikes also and It has been a year now without one little squeeck.ย 

12 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Perhaps then a pre-load issue? Or even some grit between external spacers. If im not mistaken, those transmissions are Dub-wide 55mm chainline, so takes a few external spindle spacers on both the drive side and non drive side. I know my xx1 dubs do. (4.5mm drive side) for 52mm. I โ€˜stickโ€™ mine together with waterproof grease.

Edited by MORNE