Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Ag no BSG.

Hope you recover quickly and 100% too.

Wannabe how did it go with King Price? Easy peasy no issues?

Congrats on the new bike by the way

Edited by Escapee..

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wannabe how did it go with King Price? Easy peasy no issues?

Congrats on the new bike by the way

Thanks, she's a beaut and rides like a dream. Pity my legs cannot do justice to her at this stage.

My claim went without any hitches. Took just on a week before they paid my claim in full, and I had my "Claims Card" in my hand.

Only issue I had is that my preferred supplier for the replacement bike was not on the list of their authorized dealers, but a quick phone call sorted  that out. They just checked on his credentials (that he was an authorized stockist of Silverback) and then the card was unblocked, and the deal went through.

My new bike and Garmin is also now insured by them, and my monthly premium went up by a few rand only, mostly because I increased the insured amount on the bike, Garmin and my cycling garments.

Edited by Wannabe

I grabbed a sweet deal this week and will go pick this up from the Spez shop in Umhlanga later today.

2016 Epic Comp FSR. Just been serviced, new chain rings, new cassette and chain, pulleys, brake cables and some small other items including new tape on rims all done by previous owner. Chap sounds like a stand-up guy, didn't want to sell the bike without it being in a great "ride away" condition, so had all the work done. I went into the shop to buy some MTB shoes and just happened to ask if there were any 2nd hand/trade-ins. They showed it to me in the workshop post service, job card still attached. The timing was obviously right and the owner kindly accepted my offer and she's mine now! Can't wait to fetch her this afternoon.

Moving from an entry level Silverback HT, I'm very excited.

IMG-20190130-134209.jpg

Well done @Dom031 many happy trails. Makes me laugh cause how many times don't we go into a shop looking for something small and we walk out with a new bike ???? I also wanted to brag about my new shoes but it seems they are still making them somewhere in China since last year

congrats, and remember that red bikes are ALWAYS faster!

I grabbed a sweet deal this week and will go pick this up from the Spez shop in Umhlanga later today.

2016 Epic Comp FSR. Just been serviced, new chain rings, new cassette and chain, pulleys, brake cables and some small other items including new tape on rims all done by previous owner. Chap sounds like a stand-up guy, didn't want to sell the bike without it being in a great "ride away" condition, so had all the work done. I went into the shop to buy some MTB shoes and just happened to ask if there were any 2nd hand/trade-ins. They showed it to me in the workshop post service, job card still attached. The timing was obviously right and the owner kindly accepted my offer and she's mine now! Can't wait to fetch her this afternoon.

Moving from an entry level Silverback HT, I'm very excited.

IMG-20190130-134209.jpg

Well done @Dom031 many happy trails. Makes me laugh cause how many times don't we go into a shop looking for something small and we walk out with a new bike ???? I also wanted to brag about my new shoes but it seems they are still making them somewhere in China since last year

four month wait ....  :blink:

glad I waited.  cant wait to go test it .... currently man down with sinusses and air way infection ...

post-110956-0-04117900-1549025019_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-57922200-1549025034_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-44046100-1549025042_thumb.jpg

Just had major services done on 4 of our bikes

plus bought a new pair of mtb shoes

plus upgraded one mtb bike to 1x12

plus changed group set on my road bike to compact plus a bigger cassette.

More expensive than maintaining my 4 cars.

four month wait ....  :blink:

glad I waited.  cant wait to go test it .... currently man down with sinusses and air way infection ...

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Yay the famous 4 month shoes ???? well done they look sweeeet. I hear they very comfie and see a lot of them out on the trails so they must be winners. Will post my 4 to eight month shoes hopefully this year????hope you heal quick quick

four month wait .... :blink:

glad I waited. cant wait to go test it .... currently man down with sinusses and air way infection ...

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Looked like a racing snake in the new shoes on Malanshoogte......

Was going to fast on the downhill in opposite direction to say hi

Looked like a racing snake in the new shoes on Malanshoogte......

Was going to fast on the downhill in opposite direction to say hi

sadly have not been on bike ....

week started with sinusses ... now full blown infection and congestion of the airways ....

No fever of body aches, but my airways are totally stuffed.  Been in bed waiting for the meds to start working ....

sadly have not been on bike ....

week started with sinusses ... now full blown infection and congestion of the airways ....

No fever of body aches, but my airways are totally stuffed. Been in bed waiting for the meds to start working ....

Haha

Think you have a doppelganger then . Was a Scott bike , helmet and specialized flats

four month wait .... :blink:

glad I waited. cant wait to go test it .... currently man down with sinusses and air way infection ...

attachicon.gif1.jpg

attachicon.gif2.jpg

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Very very nice. I had a good look at the 2FO clip lites but with boa's this week. Very nice shoe.

Why a 4 month wait (of point me to the thread if I've missed it please), they don't appear particularly difficult to find?

Very very nice. I had a good look at the 2FO clip lites but with boa's this week. Very nice shoe.

Why a 4 month wait (of point me to the thread if I've missed it please), they don't appear particularly difficult to find?

Size 48 is not that easy to come by ....

That said.  Staff at Tygervalley was SUPER in helping to check the size with other shoes.  Once we knew what I needed they placed their order, apparently 4 sets (of the 48's) came in with the last container.  For one reason or another the shipment was delayed ....  

Size 48 is not that easy to come by ....

That said.  Staff at Tygervalley was SUPER in helping to check the size with other shoes.  Once we knew what I needed they placed their order, apparently 4 sets (of the 48's) came in with the last container.  For one reason or another the shipment was delayed ....  

Ah, okay, on the top end of the size scale there. I'm a 47 in the Spez shoes, so also seem to be hit and miss with in stock shoes. Enjoy them, they've vvvery nice.