Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Jip, got the bike like that both tyres are also new so it's kind of like okay nice spare tyre for the back going to get something else on the front as soon as pay day comes around and maybe one or two more things who knows haha

Hey, that is my old bike! Loved that build, the El Guapo bars n stem are pretty fun and the MRP and Curas work so well. That fork has made me buy an MRP for my 29'r and ditch my pike. 

The Slaughter is a legendary bit of rubber for the back but up front I'd be slipping a Spez Eliminator 2.6 on for sure. Not sure if the rear mud guard is still on there but get one of these plastic mud guards and attach it to the chainstays by the pivot, there is a open hole in the linkage that fills up with dirt if you're not careful. Google it and you'll see the way people have got it covered. Other people have cut a bit of high density rubber / foam and sued it as a plug. 

Check here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/116861-boast-about-your-latest-purchases-here/page-582

Enjoy the KMs on the Commie it'll keep you smiling the whole way down (and climbs pretty good as well). 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for you bud, it's a long road to recovery with this depending on the severity.

I managed to go OTB and then hug a rock with my chest a few years ago and I actually heard the cartilage rip. I was out for 3 months and it makes broken ribs look like a joke. Then in December I some how managed to punch the zipper of a life jacket into my Sternum and aggravated the old injury, another month on not being able to breath properly.

Pain comes and goes, but when meds are worked out, it's flippen really really really really really really sore.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Droo built her up today. I got home a little late to go out for a maiden voyage, so it will happen tomorrow morning.

First impressions, it's moer long, moer slack, and moer heavy! You also sit on top of the bb which should be awesome on long climbs!

The red stem will be replaced with a black one once I settle on the right length.

post-82251-0-92802200-1550511090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Droo built her up today. I got home a little late to go out for a maiden voyage, so it will happen tomorrow morning.

First impressions, it's moer long, moer slack, and moer heavy! You also sit on top of the bb which should be awesome on long climbs!

The red stem will be replaced with a black one once I settle on the right length.

attachicon.gif20190218_192308.jpg

Weight is an illusion. There is no spoon. 

(he says, having just bought a set of carbon rims)

Weight is an illusion. There is no spoon.

(he says, having just bought a set of carbon rims)

Always thought you ride like a girl

Psht carbon rims psht

yeah, I do... :P

It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

I would really love some , but my rims are consumables, i replace them once maybe twice a year...

Santa Cruz wheels maybe, but then I'd have to sell my bikes to buy a set

The carbon wasn't the big surprise for me, it was the fact that you were willing to go narrower haha

jeeeeez, dude. It's honestly RIGHT on the edge of what I'd consider acceptable for the current crop of AM-focused tyres, and I went on Savage's advice. I'm not gonna go wider ito tyres, so this will be an interesting experiment. As I said to Duane, I doubt I'll be able to determine what result is attributed to each change, but I'm willing to do it in the interests of #science.

Stock Giant wheelset was 24mm internal. I went 11mm more than that and there was a HUGE diff, now I'm going the opp way but also increasing stiffness. Will be interesting for sure. 

jeeeeez, dude. It's honestly RIGHT on the edge of what I'd consider acceptable for the current crop of AM-focused tyres, and I went on Savage's advice. I'm not gonna go wider ito tyres, so this will be an interesting experiment. As I said to Duane, I doubt I'll be able to determine what result is attributed to each change, but I'm willing to do it in the interests of #science.

Stock Giant wheelset was 24mm internal. I went 11mm more than that and there was a HUGE diff, now I'm going the opp way but also increasing stiffness. Will be interesting for sure.

And because you ride like a girl ????

attachicon.gif20190218_192308.jpg

Nice, that bAr and stem look familiar  :ph34r:

Edited by Eddy Gordo

20190218_192308.jpg

Now you must ride moer faster

20190218_192308.jpg

Hamana hamana, that is one badass mofo! Enjoy!

Had to have my eyes tested and decided to go with this one. My DKW brille, dans, kerk, werk, sonbrille en fietsry brille in een. Fit is super comfy with different earpieces and nose thinghy for doing sports. Oakley OX8136 Crosslink fit with tested lenses for my bad eyes.

Currently with shorter ear pieces (longer set helps to keep it on one's head much better) for everyday use but with sports nose thinghy which keeps it a bit further away from one's nose.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

50745a98f1d9266f212bb9c9352d1240.jpgaeca8eb24b98ed424c58bb0640980560.jpg9e0457494265c06b14d6f31e8d2e6717.jpg3dfa263762a24b049e93acf3431a7d46.jpg

Edited by BSG