2012 94.7

Agteros

Interesting day out on the bike. Started behind the charity bunches, so resigned myself to the fact that I'd be dodging riders, and not being able to organize a group to work together. Ended up just over 4 hours (4:09 odd). Helped some one with a tube, pumped it for him, not so much as a thank you. Two guys with matching Dogmas, saddle bags swinging from the saddle and peaks on their helmets, would have taken some serious abuse from some hubbers. Have picture evidence...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helped some one with a tube, pumped it for him, not so much as a thank you. Two guys with matching Dogmas, saddle bags swinging from the saddle and peaks on their helmets, would have taken some serious abuse from some hubbers. Have picture evidence...

Lack-of-thankyou-ers deserve a thousand thorns in their tyres! (Trying to rhyme something with "may the fleas of a thousand camels visit your armpits" :D )

Bwahahaha

Post those pics!!

Results are up!

I just realised I used the wrong 'chip' ... after getting my bike so pristine I make such a blups - duh because I don't have a Racetec chip, its a Winning Time, I used Championship one, gets confusing.

Will it help in I call in the results and ref my Garmin Connect page with the data?

Was my 11th 94.7. Set the day out to ride with my sister. She had a very good OFM and the scene was set for a 2:50 at the start of the day but as we started it became pretty evident it was not going to be a good day on the saddle for her. She had a rough few days and fatigue was evident. We stuck together but I know the time will come when she would let me know to go. On the halfway mark the clock was at 1:47 and I knew we can kiss the sub 3 good buy today. As we climbed Witkoppen she said I must go. I shot like a rocket and decided I to see if I can still make that sub 3. Did it with 10 seconds to spare whistling.gif . My sister at the end only lost 7 minutes to me so not too bad for having a bad day. We then proceeded with a friend to do a half a second lap and support another friend. That was great. It was a good recovery ride and migled with the masses. Will do that again.

Dangle that was me who called out your name as I flew past you just before Heartbreak Hill..

Where is Heart break hill?

I got a late entry and really enjoyed the ride.SSuffered with cramp after 70km but that is just down to fitness.A big congrats to Tanye and her team on fantastic event

I only realized who it was once you were past.

I had to leave by 10:15 so missed a few peeps I was hoping to see.

JCZA looked great in that pink top thumbup1.gif

Eldron adn Iron looking like two twins.

I am trying to convince a group from the dojo to enter next year.

Was good to see you dangle, promise next time I'll stop. We nearly didn't make it whistling.gif

My first road race .3h20 on MTB .Started in group mm and avoided traffic from the gun .Rode hard to get a better seeding for next year .Highspeed crash in front of me when fast female rider tried passing between 2 riding buddies riding abreast .Hopefully will be in better seeding position next year .I think I might get a road bike and do more road cycling

Unfortunately this is a rookie mistake. seen it happen too much. its called depth of vision or view. when u look through your camera lens it is hard to judge the speed. in the zoom lens u see the riders being for away and ur brain is telling you its still fine u far away meanwhile the cyclists are barreling down on you and by the time u take the shot they only a few feet away...result, no time to move out the way.

NO SORRY this was a local with his cell Edited by berry

My first road race .3h20 on MTB . .Hopefully will be in better seeding position next year .I think I might get a road bike and do more road cycling

Now you're talking.

Welcome to speed!!

My first proper road race, did last year with my wife on a MTB, she didn't do much training so it was very gentle.

Did 3:41 without managing to latch onto a group. It was also a borrowed bike so I'm quite stoked.

Edited by Jigghead

I managed 88.2km/h, my fastest ever on a bikeeek.gif

wow!! I'm only 68kg so I doubt I could've gone any faster besides I like a clear view of the path ahead hence I don't sit the slip of other riders.