Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

For me there was a huge lapse of judgement from Nibali and van den broeck. They were both on Froome's wheel. As soon as they saw Froome getting on the radio and slowing down, knowing Wiggins is off, they should have moved past Froome and pressed the pase like hell! Sky handed them a free opportunity and no one capitalised, stupid racing in my eyes.

Unless of course they just didn't have the legs to press the attack home?

(I fixed your spelling, except for pase, wasn't sure what you meant with that one...)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, but, they rode together on Astana, and Disco...

ok so let me rephrase. I cant recall any honest clean cyclist who can win ITT's and mountain stages...

Often in our lives the biggest satisfaction doesn't always come from having beaten the next guy, but simply by knowing that you have the edge on him.

Well said. It's a career not just this race, he must be excited about the future right now.

I think they were asking Froomie very nicely to go back and pull Wiggo up to the last few meters, and then he can go as fast as he wants. And that is what he did, almost getting the 2nd spot for the day.

Unless of course they just didn't have the legs to press the attack home?

(I fixed your spelling, except for pase, wasn't sure what you meant with that one...)

Thanks, no problem.(My Afrikaans is still bit dominant).

On the no legs. I still see it as they had the legs to follow Froome, opportunity missed, I was sitting on my couch shouting at them to "pik by!"

ok so let me rephrase. I cant recall any honest clean cyclist who can win ITT's and mountain stages...

Lemond? Hinault? Fignon? Froome?

Lemond? Hinault? Fignon? Froome?

not a chance any of the first 3 were clean....

which would make froome the first clean cyclist ever to master both ITT and climbs...

Edited by fandacious

It is very strange. Next thing one rider will take the green and the yellow jersey. Sparticus TTs and then fades in the mountains like a proper cyclist which is why he is my favourite rider.

WTF difference does it make in your world who Chris Froome dates, and where the ****she lives? Fark stakes, you lot are a bored bunch.

not a chance any of the first 3 were clean....

Well, the first two never tested positive.

Partners interfering in their spouse's employment is a storey almost as old as the oldest profession; and very common (apologies for the pun). They never learn.

I thought, contrary to some of the Hub experts, that TdF got pretty exciting yesterday. As for the comments about the pro's who are "morons" and "arseholes", these are obviously from esteemed Hub members who have won a few TdF's, or at least placed in the top 10; all "clean" of course. The might behind the keyboard! Funny though, the pro's seem to respect each other.

I have nothing but respect for the pro cyclists that go out there every day. They have to be doping lol!

It is very strange. Next thing one rider will take the green and the yellow jersey.

I can't stand it when guys here don't know the history of this great sport.

That has been done before.

Edited by TNT1