Shaved legs or not continues.

M L

330 members have voted

1. 1. Shaved/No shaving/just a little trim

• Yes I shave/wax
    • No I very rarely or never shave
    • Don't shave, just trim a number 1 or 2

Reading this thread it seems then that the main reasons for shaving one's legs are:

1. It looks better (Vast majority of posts)

2. Less painful when getting a massage

3. Easier to clean mud off your legs. By easier, I assume less painful since scraping/scrubbing caked mud off hairy legs doesn't really require that much more effort than scraping/scrubbing caked mud off smooth legs.

I guess one can say then that if you have a tendency to be vain and/or you're a bit of a baby when it comes to mild pain, shave your legs.

Otherwise keep 'em natural. Either way it will make no difference to your riding. :)

Enough Said.

shaved legs on a guy is very soft on the eyes ;)

when it comes to massaging / rubbing in of the legs - it uses less lotion / oil / rub when shaved and less complaints about pulling hair.......

and the bonus is a nice smooth feeling when I rub my legs up against my man's legs under the covers :whistling:

as for the rest I'm not talking out of the shave-room :ph34r: except to say - beard = no action :whistling:

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife asked me why I don't shave my legs (I'm an enthusiastic mid-field MTB marathon finisher). I told her there was no reason for me to do so because I don't get leg massages or anything like that.

She went on to comment that it might look nice though. That was a month ago.

Well my wife is still on holiday with the kids and I decided to clipper away at my leg hair and send her a photo. I am glad to say that I got the following reply:

NICE xxx

So now if anyone asks why I might shave my legs, my answer will be an emphatic: 'cos the wife likes it.

:thumbup:

Roadie first, dirt second.

Shaved religiously when a nipper even in a time when the sight of a man-boy with sliky smooth pins would be an open invitation for ridicule and often a sustained beating from most of society*. *more often than not in the eastern 'burbs surfing hierarchy of Sydney to who shaving legs and wearing tights was an open invitation.

Haven't bothered in the last 3 years. Doesn't slow me, haven't crashed, can't be bothered & have too much on my plate to even ride as often as I want let alone to have a full preening regime.

Don't have feelings either way on those who shave and my results haven't suffered either way due to furry pelt on the pins.

Would like baby smooth and puppy soft legs to show off my serious pipes and to creep my wife out when they rub up against her but it seems like a ball ache to be honest. Up side is burying the pin hard and shelling out shaved others who think you're some village idiot just because you're unshaved.

My wife asked me why I don't shave my legs (I'm an enthusiastic mid-field MTB marathon finisher). I told her there was no reason for me to do so because I don't get leg massages or anything like that.

Well my wife is still on holiday with the kids and I decided to clipper away at my leg hair and send her a photo. I am glad to say that I got the following reply:

NICE xxx

So now if anyone asks why I might shave my legs, my answer will be an emphatic: 'cos the wife likes it.

Get em good and clean and go for a swim.... the feeling goes away once you are a regular shaver, but I remember it as interesting - to say the least...

My wife has no clue what my legs look like unshaven... and I can't remember either... :)

NICE xxx

Wait till she feels the mid week in between shaves spikes...

i remember the first ever club ride i went on and the first person i saw had shaved legs. i thought it was really strange but fast forward to now and i notice hairy legs far more. much much prefer shaved though not hairy shorts, thats gross. do it properly or not at all

i remember the first ever club ride i went on and the first person i saw had shaved legs. i thought it was really strange but fast forward to now and i notice hairy legs far more. much much prefer shaved though not hairy shorts, thats gross. do it properly or not at all

Where should you stop then? it's a tough question.

Never shaved, never will.

But then I also dont care how much my multi-tool weighs, whether my tires have 11 or 12 percent rolling resistance or that my helmet doesnt match my shirt which doesnt match my sonbril which dont match my ride AND post ride shoes....

I think you might find a lot of that goes hand in hand.

But if you shave you shave... If you dont you dont. Like wheel size threads and Sram/shimano or avid vs the world threads some will agree, most will disagree and nobody is right. Although some are a little more girly.... :ph34r:

At joberg2c I heard the physio saying her last massage was a non shaver all the physios responses convinced me ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO

I shave cause I fall a lot :(

I shave every now and again. 2 main reasons for shaving:

1) The gf loves it!

2) Riding trials I tend to bash my legs pretty often, not being hairy helps with not getting infections and the cuts heal quicker too.

Reasons I don't shave oftem:

1) i get ingrown hair like crazy!!!

2) I get regrowth after 2 days

Ps. Im still trying to get the guts to wax

1) The gf loves it!

2) Riding trials I tend to bash my legs pretty often, not being hairy helps with not getting infections and the cuts heal quicker too.

Just use a clipper, problems sorted

Methiolate kills infection, dries the wound and keeps everything hunky dorry.....

But enough on this topic from me..... I am an anti shaver on the principal that I back myself not to fall 98% of the time, I can tuck and roll and not slide 1% of the time and the last unit can be measured in methiolate pain units and sucking it up.

But by all means, if it helps you get laid go for it... Jarrod Leto uses eye liner (which is WAY mor pansypants than shaving ones legs) and he does ok with the lady humans so its almost excusable.......

1) The gf loves it!

Just Wax and stop being soft you big pansy.

One reason - sunblock! Love the SA summer sun but hours on the bike is no good for my lily white pistons, and applying it on hairy legs is just a royal mess!