Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That immediately puts several riders and staff in a difficult position...

Michael Rogers was a key part of Bradley Wiggins' team in this year's Tour de France but was identified as a client of Dr. Michele Ferrari in Levi Leipheimer's affidavit. He attended training camps in Tenerife and St. Moritz in May and June of 2005 but denied that he used Ferrari for doping.

In 2006, he admitted working with Ferrari but claimed the Italian doctor never suggested using drugs. He reiterated that claim a few days ago to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Directeur sportif Sean Yates raced with Armstrong at Motorola between 1992 and 1996 and was directeur sportif at the Discovery Channel team in 2005, when Armstrong won his seventh Tour de France.

The USADA documents revealed that Armstrong and several of his teammates were doping in 2005 yet Yates said he never saw anything and claimed he just drove the team car and called the tactics.

Bobby Julich is a race coach for Team Sky and is expected to mentor young American riders Joe Dombrowski and Ian Boswell in 2013. He finished third behind Marco Pantani and Jan Ullrich in the in the 1998 Tour de France hit by the Festina affair. He matches the description of a rider, whose name was redacted from the affidavits (rider 4) in the USADA case.

TO TELL THE TRUTH I AM GUTTED.... i have been a pro lance all this time... like Phil Ligget i chose to believe the Texan , but now the evidence is overwhelming. i Bought Every Lance book! the Comeback 2 etc... i have livestrong oakleys and mellow johnny's cycling shirts. what i do have to add from reading his first book i never liked his Character , his arrogance (confidence) and it was quite dissapointing. maybe i am too sensitive. The last book i read i dicovered how much his step dad did for him and his mom before eventually cheating on her. he financed his early sporting career and schoooling. but lance barely mentioned this just claiming his mom raised him by herself. i am gutted. he was a hero to me , and tried to believe the better. but hey.... the nay Sayers and the doubters seems to have been right ALL along. i find it hard to understand how he can stay so self righteous.

Looking at that Tout dopers chart, I think the TDF company should have a gala evening where they redistribute the winner medals to the right people and award them the prize money they ahve been deprived of.

Only problem is ,just because thopse have not tested positive, does not mean they were clean....

TO TELL THE TRUTH I AM GUTTED.... i have been a pro lance all this time... like Phil Ligget i chose to believe the Texan , but now the evidence is overwhelming. i Bought Every Lance book! the Comeback 2 etc... i have livestrong oakleys and mellow johnny's cycling shirts. what i do have to add from reading his first book i never liked his Character , his arrogance (confidence) and it was quite dissapointing. maybe i am too sensitive. The last book i read i dicovered how much his step dad did for him and his mom before eventually cheating on her. he financed his early sporting career and schoooling. but lance barely mentioned this just claiming his mom raised him by herself. i am gutted. he was a hero to me , and tried to believe the better. but hey.... the nay Sayers and the doubters seems to have been right ALL along. i find it hard to understand how he can stay so self righteous.

You are not the only one ....... I moved my books from sports to fiction in the bookshelf

Looking at that Tout dopers chart, I think the TDF company should have a gala evening where they redistribute the winner medals to the right people and award them the prize money they ahve been deprived of.

Only problem is ,just because thopse have not tested positive, does not mean they were clean....

Give the 2001 stuff to Kivilev! he for sure can't dope anymore.

And someone needs to fix another thing on that pic:

According to Italian court documents from 2004, Escartin received performance-enhancing drugs from doctor Michele Ferrari. And even if he didn't he worked with Ferrari, so he must be deleted as well.

Same with Olano, he was a Ferrari client.

Edited by TNT1

Must admit, I've been loving the drama of this, end of an era for cycling etc etc; & its been fun throwing crap about.

Buuuuuuut am just starting to fade a little now. Like the Arab Spring, its great all these guys have gone / are going; but whats coming next and is it any better. And are there any good guys? Be cool if there was a criminal case though.

And apologies for getting up pro-LA folks noses, I understand the attachments that get made. If you ask me, I'll say Liverpool are the best team in the world & maybe we're going through a rebuilding phase. To the rest of the world we've mostly been a bag of shite for the last 20 years.

Sports following doesnt have to be rational. Thats what makes it fun, until it isnt.

Must admit, I've been loving the drama of this, end of an era for cycling etc etc; & its been fun throwing crap about.

Buuuuuuut am just starting to fade a little now. Like the Arab Spring, its great all these guys have gone / are going; but whats coming next and is it any better. And are there any good guys? Be cool if there was a criminal case though.

And apologies for getting up pro-LA folks noses, I understand the attachments that get made. If you ask me, I'll say Liverpool are the best team in the world & maybe we're going through a rebuilding phase. To the rest of the world we've mostly been a bag of shite for the last 20 years.

Sports following doesnt have to be rational. Thats what makes it fun, until it isnt.

+1

Except for Liverpoop...

Its been a whole lot of things and probably the most discussed topic (LA) but ja I'm over it as well, time to move on find other hereo's / goals or whatever brings a sparkle to the eye....

However it will be interesting to see what else falls out the LA tree

From tourdefrancelife.com

Ten good things, bad things and sad things about the Lance Armstrong affair:

10. I don’t agree with anyone who believes the collective confessions of Tom Danielson, Levi Leipheimer, Christian Vande Velde and David Zabriskie, the active cyclists in the USADA investigation, were acts of courage.

9. Sally Jenkins is a fine journalist. I respect her right to express her opinion like she did in support of Armstrong following USADA’s initial accusations. I want to read her next opinion now.

8. Random thought: Would Greg LeMond be a good candidate for UCI president?

7. From CyclingNews.com via Omega-Pharma team manager Patrick Lefevere: “(Levi) Leipheimer subsequently requested not to ride the Grand Prix de Montréal and GP de Québec last month, so that he could serve his six-month suspension between September 1 (2012) and March 1, 2013.” Levi, pal, that approach sucks.

6. What Teflon was to former president Ronald Reagan, it now is to Chris Horner.

5. I still believe Paul Kimmage had a personal agenda against the pro peloton via his unfulfilled professional cycling career. He’s a skilled journalist who should walk away from cycling and when next employed lend his considerable talents to another sport.

4. No more True Confessions op-ed pieces in major newspapers by former or current cyclists. It makes the authors and publications look bad.

3. Unless she finds another topic in which to vent her omnipresent anger, journalists who for some hard-to-decipher reason have felt compelled to quote Betsy Andreu, no longer will.

2. Considering his penchant for fashion and salesmanship, Jonathan Vaughters would likely have a fine career as a haberdasher. It may come soon than he expects.

1. In his post-cancer bestseller, “It’s Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life,” published in 2000, Lance Armstrong wrote: “Quite simply, I believed I had a responsibility to be a good person, and that meant fair, honest, hardworking and honorable. If I did that, if I was good to my family, true to my friends, if I gave back to my community or to some cause, if I wasn’t a liar, a cheat, or a thief, then I believed that should be enough.”

Never has such a well-crafted sentence meant so little.

PS: Everyone knows that the Liverpool season will end in tears (again) and Rodgers won't see the end of the season. whistling.gif

The whole soap opera has been interesting, from 1999. even then pals were saying "he must be on it!" I never gave a hoot if they were right or wrong, I just wanted to be entertained for three cold and rainy miserable winter weeks in Cape Town. thereafter the hero was the okes beating me up the hill.

thats the way it ought to be.

What really p'ss me off though is the high prices we pay for cycling goods is related to the popularity he spawnedin cycling and the lies that went with it.

The whole soap opera has been interesting, from 1999. even then pals were saying "he must be on it!" I never gave a hoot if they were right or wrong, I just wanted to be entertained for three cold and rainy miserable winter weeks in Cape Town. thereafter the hero was the okes beating me up the hill.

thats the way it ought to be.

What really p'ss me off though is the high prices we pay for cycling goods is related to the popularity he spawnedin cycling and the lies that went with it.

We should have a competition - name TdF winners not tainted by doping since 1980.

Hows this for a different view from Paul SCott. I think its really balanced article and even he agrees the USADA is still a set of allegations

Read here:http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/former-usada-opponent-provided-key-information-in-lance-armstrong-case

Verbruggen has vehemently denied the pay off.

and then this exchange seems to be a set up to get Verbruggen to talk.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/verbruggen-denies-kathy-lemonds-story-of-cover-up-payment

Can you guys see the amazing opportunity to make a movie about this saga

I can't see a movie that come in 21 installments of 6 hours each to be a success. Most of the audience will die of old age before the grand finale.

+1

Except for Liverpoop...

Its been a whole lot of things and probably the most discussed topic (LA) but ja I'm over it as well, time to move on find other hereo's / goals or whatever brings a sparkle to the eye....

However it will be interesting to see what else falls out the LA tree

swiss, you and scotty (and others to a lesser degree) have always been the most pro lance hubbers (Go Lance!) for YEARS

now that the **** has hit the fan, its barely a week since USADA released their reasoned decision, and now everyone is "over it" and "tired of hearing about it"

If thats the case, then dont bother reading or contributing to the thread. There are others who find this fascinating and are not "over it"