Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Its still my opinion that this thing is much deeper than just a guy who wanted to dope to get a medal

interesting... how so?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

I've got a prediction.

He's gonna come clean.

In a book (I know I'd buy it) He's gonna make millions and millions out of the sales. He's also going to paint himself as the innocent victim of a corrupt system and point the finger at everyone. There's no way anyone who competed at that level at that time could possible have been clean anyway.

In doing so he'll take down most of the pro peleton, ASO and the UCI. He'll once again be restored to the darling of American sports cos the playing field was level after all. All of them were cheating. And anyone who say's he wasn't is either stupid or lying. Or both.

He'll use the money and publicity generated from the sales of the book to propel himself into politics and at least be Governor of Texas.

Did read them! Have to remember that it was his job and he did what was expected (or what he had to do) to be the best

Its still my opinion that this thing is much deeper than just a guy who wanted to dope to get a medal

Obviously, it also makes him no less guilty.

What many seem to be missing and failing to look past emotive arguments is not popping a few pills or simply doping up to get a meda.

It was the fact that this was built on a bullying systematically corrupt machine, whereby if you spoke out, you thrown under the bus. ie - Filippo Simeoni speaking against Dr Ferrari for example, the court action against Kimmage.

LA is guilty, but he isn't alone. Thats the issue, guilty as he is, others need to be brought to book, and it's those who are now attempting to throw LA under the same bus.

http://nyvelocity.com/content/features/2012/michael-ashenden-armstrong-triangle

no. that is why he went to the lengths he did to cheat. it was his everything. read the books then come back with an opinion

It's all about the TdF....and a few business interests...

Sure a few have disappeared but I reckon Lanceyboy is A OK in the "what fills up my day" department.

post-2412-0-61593800-1352803296_thumb.jpg

no. that is why he went to the lengths he did to cheat. it was his everything. read the books then come back with an opinion

What lengths? He had a doctor that gave him some epo and transfusions (mostly). You make it sound as if he had to take a ring to Mordor to get the stuff.

Sure, there was motoman but it's not like hamilton quit doping when he moved to csc. Everyone had a plan and a 50% hematocrit level. Reading the books its not nearly as sinister as you make it out to be.

Did read them! Have to remember that it was his job and he did what was expected (or what he had to do) to be the best

not to be a middle of the pack nobody

There. Fixed it for you whistling.gif

What lengths? He had a doctor that gave him some epo and transfusions (mostly). You make it sound as if he had to take a ring to Mordor to get the stuff.

what are you smoking? he went to extraordinary lengths to cheat. not just some random doctor coming and injecting him now and then.

All the drugs in the world won't make a middle of the pack nobody a tour winner.

mmm... middle of which pack? middle of the argus F bunch, ja sure. But middle of the TDF pack? I'd beg to differ. They are all so closely matched, the smallest performance improvements make a huge difference

I must have misunderstood you. I thought the first 3 lines of this post inferred that you were skeptical about the image being a statement. All my subsequent posts were based on that incorrect assumption.

I apologize.

Apologies from my side too, you were arguing the one side of the coin and I was arguing the image.

I stil maintain the picture didn't really need much care in putting it together, the fisheye effect on the walls is a common occurrence with 360 panorama.

mmm... middle of which pack? middle of the argus F bunch, ja sure. But middle of the TDF pack? I'd beg to differ. They are all so closely matched, the smallest performance improvements make a huge difference

The comment was corrected to middle of the pack NOBODY.

That's middle of the pack at any event.

The comment was corrected to middle of the pack NOBODY.

That's middle of the pack at any event.

oh ja for sure. all the drugs in the world wouldnt even get me past the first stage of the tdf, let alone finishing it

oh ja for sure. all the drugs in the world wouldnt even get me past the first stage of the tdf, let alone finishing it

Sis man, you can give yourself more credit than that thumbup1.gif

You might have to get off the big blade once or twice!

Oh common Luke! Do you really think that those jersey's is all he's got left? Allot of people would like to think with all that is happening that he must be a broken man and now all of a sudden he regrets everthing and his world is tumbling down. Maybe there is more to life than just cycling for this guy. Sure it is a *** thing that is happening but "this too shall pass" (hey Kevin?)

Jaco I don't know LA, all I can say is what I see in this pic that he wanted us all to see. It looks lonely down there with a bunch of jerseys that no longer correspond to the history books.

Lance himself did say going down for drugs would mean he lost everything - sponsors, legacy, income, the good faith of cancer sufferers, and and and. Watch the Four Corners documentary, it's a good one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cnn-armstrong-documentary-deposition-doping-382302