Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

All the drugs in the world won't make a middle of the pack nobody a tour winner.

For sure, it helps to have uncle Hein's phone number on hand to dob in your ex-teammates when they look like they might beat you, a good early-warning system courtesy of JB for when the testers are coming around, and a great plan-B for those numerous times when you do happen to come up positive.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure, it helps to have uncle Hein's phone number on hand to dob in your ex-teammates when they look like they might beat you, a good early-warning system courtesy of JB for when the testers are coming around, and a great plan-B for those numerous times when you do happen to come up positive.

as well as a private jet to come and go as you please, the ability to laugh off positive epo tests because you've paid everyone off, etc etc

Then factor in an army of lawyers to keep the press and everybody else quiet for as long as you possibly can. A private jet to make it easier to get around on the down low, with or without a stash of drugs on board.

Sounds like playing field about as level as a Giro d'Italia queen stage.

edit: fand beat me to the jet thing :P

Edited by Lucky Luke.

LOL that pic is doing exactly what Armstrong set out to do, create a stir and….Its been discussed and reposted all over the planet

Despite all the negative stuff he has faced post USADA and could still face this pic says one thing:

You can take my name of the results, ban me for life, lock me up or banish me into the wilderness etc…..but I actualy won those races, it happened and lying here looking at them shirts I can still feel it, just like it happened at the time, all those feelings and no one can take that away….

Edited by SwissVan

interesting... how so?

If you think LA is the mastermind behind the team's "doping structure" or his rise to fame then i think you are giving him way more credit than due!

He was a young extremely talented rider who was at top and then got cancer and almost died. Perfect candidate to build a empire around. Get major brands involved and start a project to bring this young American boy basically from his deathbed to one of the greatest and most influential sportsmen of all time - WHATEVER IT TAKES!

The guy is merely the athlete/tool to build this empire. Guess what.........it worked! Those brands made millions off this miracle story and the books sold millions of copies

You can be sure that him/they will capitalise on the current situation as well

If you think LA is the mastermind behind the team's "doping structure" or his rise to fame then i think you are giving him way more credit than due!

He was a young extremely talented rider who was at top and then got cancer and almost died. Perfect candidate to build a empire around. Get major brands involved and start a project to bring this young American boy basically from his deathbed to one of the greatest and most influential sportsmen of all time - WHATEVER IT TAKES!

The guy is merely the athlete/tool to build this empire. Guess what.........it worked! Those brands made millions off this miracle story and the books sold millions of copies

You can be sure that him/they will capitalise on the current situation as well

yes dude. lance is the blameless lamb to the slaughter. It was nike that made him dope.

the excuses some people will make for him...

yes dude. lance is the blameless lamb to the slaughter. It was nike that made him dope.

I don't think that's what he said.

Is Lance the Kingpin ?

That's the question.

Kingpin? He's a Texan, if I am not mistaken...

Well after watching Storage Wars and then Storage Wars Texas, I have to say, them Texans don't come across as too clever.

Where did i state that? He signed up for the job. Did not say my theory makes him any less guilty. I am pointing out that the story goes much deeper. Like Dangle said: who is the real kingpin?

Guest Omega Man

He's not making excuses for LA. Jesus. For the love of god stop. Did he shag your girlfriend or something? Yes he doped. No he's not the devil. Yes he made a lot of money. So did everyone else. Especially the big corporates who rode his coat tails to profits. Is he the Pablo Escabar of cycling? NO!

Your hero C*ntador was also bust for doping.

Pretending that one guy doped and is the prime evil doer is as stupid as pretending he was clean.

Edited by Omega Man

what are you smoking? he went to extraordinary lengths to cheat. not just some random doctor coming and injecting him now and then.

He had Ferrari and a plan. Just as the others had Fuentes (for instance) and a plan. I'm sure you read Hamilton's book. He makes it quite clear that doping was not rocket science.

He's not making excuses for LA. Jesus. For the love of god stop. Did he shag your girlfriend or something? Yes he doped. No he's not the devil. Yes he made a lot of money. So did everyone else. Especially the big corporates who rode his coat tails to profits. Is he the Pablo Escabar of cycling? NO!

Your hero C*ntador was also bust for doping.

Pretending that one guy doped and is the prime evil doer is as stupid as pretending he was clean.

I like Contadorsmile.png

Guest Omega Man

I like Contadorsmile.png

Haha. So do I. I just said that to get up fannylicious's fandacious's nose.

Edited by Omega Man

The comment was corrected to middle of the pack NOBODY.

That's middle of the pack at any event.

Dangle

Maybe a NOBODY was harsh.

He would have been a SOMEBODY like the following 15 guys who finished immediately ahead of him in his last tour prior to his "cancer".

Laurent Dufaux

Vicente Aparicio

Jean-Cyril Robin

Arsenio Gonzalez

Federico Muñoz

Vladimir Poulnikov

Massimo Podenzana

Laudelino Cubino

Laurent Brochard

Beat Zberg

Yvon Ledanois

Johan Bruyneel

Oscar Pelliccioli

Alberto Elli

Jean-François Bernard

Herminio Diaz

Most of them are complete nobodies to anyone outside hard core cycling circles (except JB now, maybe, and only because of his LA involvement).

That was the sense in which I used the term......

Edited by eddy