Bwahahahaha - Comrades Winner Tests Positive

TNT1

Like I said, any professional athlete who expects us, the paying viewers, to accept a n "accidental ingestion" excuse, deserves derision and ridicule.

Think you may be stretching the definition of professional when comparing Mamabolo to Tour De France riders

Ludwick Mamabolo was so determined to win the Comrades Marathon that he applied for three months' unpaid leave to focus on his training.

Mamabolo, who is employed by Absa in the loans division in Kempton Park, became the first South African since 2005 to win the marathon in Durban yesterday.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/sport/2012/06/04/unpaid-leave-pays-for-mamabolo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contador has set the standard for others to follow.

But he won't be the first Comradee to have his win stripped from him.

Exactly.

Why don't they just standardise all the *** you can put in your body? Every athlete gets his monthly allocation of methylexaneamine, clenbuterol, etc. Levels the playing fields, the mountains, the valleys ...

Kind of like motor racing , you get a stock class and then the open " modified class ".

Think you may be stretching the definition of professional when comparing Mamabolo to Tour De France riders

I think you may be under estimating the money these guys make out of running. They are professional athletes.

I think you may be under estimating the money these guys make out of running. They are professional athletes.

Thank you.

I reckon some people totally under estimate the influence any sporting personality may have, so yes, I second your thoughts.

I don't think I am. He worked at ABSA. Someone loaded with money is not going to work at ABSA in the loans department. Where were Armstrong and Contador employed while they were competing?

These guys run possibly two big races in a year and winning the one usually affects your chances of winning the next. The winner will get decent money but not sure many will be getting big money.

Thank you.

Just because he says it does not make it right.

Prize Money for 2012:

Position

Men & Women

Position 1 – 300,000.00

Position 2 – 145,000.00

Position 3 – 110,000.00

Position 4 – 55,000.00

Position 5 – 42,000.00

Position 6 – 25,000.00

Position 7 – 20,000.00

Position 8 – 18,000.00

Position 9 – 16,000.00

Position 10 – 14,000.00

And yes, I am fully aware of sponsor incentives for winning and the like but again that is probably only for the top one, maybe two at most.

Edited by Clint_ZA

I don't think I am. He worked at ABSA. Someone loaded with money is not going to work at ABSA in the loans department. Where were Armstrong and Contador employed while they were competing?

Just because he says it does not make it right.

Postman.

Abattoir

The South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) confirmed on Tuesday that the winner of the 2012 Comrades Marathon, Ludwick Mamabolo, has tested positive for the banned stimulant methylhexaneamine and could face a two-year ban and be stripped of his title if found guilty by an independent tribunal.

sad to see...

Wow I thought drugs were only used in Cycling by Lance Armstrong...you mean other ppl do it too?