Bwahahahaha - Comrades Winner Tests Positive

TNT1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the detailed disclaimer, but below is a short piece from the following link: http://www.usn.co.za...EMENTS%20P1.pdf

No absolute guarantee can be given by any supplement company that contamination will never occur. But certain steps can be taken to significantly minimise the risks involved for athletes subject to drug testing. At USN, the elite athlete remains one of our main priorities, but we also want to ensure that the general consumer has peace of mind as to the quality and safety of of the product they use.

I like how they say "No absolute guarantee can be given by any supplement company..." thereby absolving themselves a bit.

How does a product become accidfentally contaminated?

Used the same mixing spoon for different products.....

Yes the trainers should be aware but what if they cocked up do you still kill the athlete

I would say yes. Even though all they (the athletes) have to do is train and run fast enough to cross the line first, they are still ultimately responsible. It wasn't his trainer that tested positive and made almost every newspaper across the country... Perhaps it had nothing to do withe the trainer and it was something that he did. We won't know the details but the responsibility ultimately rests squarely on his shoulders.

I think it boils down to same factory.

It's the same with food products which states that it has been made in a factory which uses nuts, eggs, or whatever.

Point is - if no supplement company can guarantee it, no athlete can claim ignorance, meaning nobody can take supplements!

Supplements are in any case overrated. Just make your own; it's really not rocket science.

It's the same with food products which states that it has been made in a factory which uses nuts, eggs, or whatever.

Point is - if no supplement company can guarantee it, no athlete can claim ignorance, meaning nobody can take supplements!

Supplements are in any case overrated. Just make your own; it's really not rocket science.

Best you mix your own......a little sugar and some salt mixed in water,doesn't taste good but at least you will know what's in it.

That's what I was getting to in a roundabout way. What would a supplement company be doing with banned substances?

I do think that it is blatant racism that the majority of the runners tested for dope at the Comrades were black. Disgusting prejudice in fact.

Oh no wait. They test ALL the top 10.....and they say white men can't dance? Can't run either!

, no athlete can claim ignorance,

Precisely. All anit-doping codes across all sports have a clause that states that the ultimate responsibility for what is found in your system rests with the athlete.

Simple.

Stop looking for excuses for this prick.

That's what I was getting to in a roundabout way. What would a supplement company be doing with banned substances?

In this case its a stimulant which means it will make the user feel strong or better than he feels without it...kind of like when your moeg and sluk a redbull.... makes u feel better but not necessarily go better (faster).

Actualy wonder if it has much pereformance enhancing benifet other than a mental stimulant?

So supplement companies might try slip it in to improve the perceived effect, like cereals with sugar...

Reality is that a lot of foodstuffs including supplements cannot always be guaranteed, especially with centralized manufacturing and packaging.

If a pro or semi/pro athlete is competing, then they should keep record of everything in the training period.|

Found this a good read, don't agree 100% with everything, but it raises some important issues.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/12/drug-of-year-methylhexanamine-and.html

"When we interviewed Prof Bengt Kayser, who was of the opinion that doping control would be more effective if the number of banned substances was cut right down, leaving only those that have a profound effect on performance and are unsafe."

"Where do we draw the line with regards to how we define doping? Andreea Raducan has only one gold medal, not two, thanks to a drug that likely did nothing for her performance, and is not even banned anymore."

My question is why is USN always in the mix with illegal substances, companies like Hammer never do a recall, and you dont hear that they have crap in their products.

I know of many USN products that either they say cannot be used by professional atheletes or gets pulled due to illegal substances.

As for the racism angle...what BS...who would benifet if the 1st place guy is DQ'd?

The first 4 runners were black if i recall...

So if the 1st 4 all tested positive and the whitey (Russian?) in 5th was declared the winner then ja you could understand expect a racist angle....

As for the racism angle...what BS...who would benifet if the 1st place guy is DQ'd?

The first 4 runners were black if i recall...

So if the 1st 4 all tested positive and the whitey (Russian?) in 5th was declared the winner then ja you could understand expect a racist angle....

Yeah, didn't they test 20 athletes - top 10 women and men?

My question is why is USN always in the mix with illegal substances, companies like Hammer never do a recall, and you dont hear that they have crap in their products.

I know of many USN products that either they say cannot be used by professional atheletes or gets pulled due to illegal substances.

Specifics or this perception? ... I use USN and a couple of other products now and then if I run out.