ABSA poor service

Help.Me.

I am totally shocked about the poor service of ABSA .........it hass taken the branch now from February to sort something out and still no luck..............where do i go from here to report it ?? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what ... I have been in store three times to get them to have somebody call me as I want to upgrade my account portfolio, I even heard the lady behind the counter speak to the person and ask them to contact me .... nothing, nada, zip!

About 20min ago I sent an email to FNB as I will rather move over all my accounts, bond, etc to them as they at least have the decency to contact me and seem to be more forward thinking.

So the real solution is simple, find another bank.

i am just scared if i move i loose the money they owe me .................. the real story is in Nov 2009 i cancelled my house insurance(building) with them (e-mail as proof) it was never done. My wife picked this up in February on the bond statements that they still charge us insurance fees..........to get the bank to rectify this "problem" is taking now 6 months, for an employee in the first place not doing her work ............

The best (fastest, most friendly/helpful, etc) service that I received from Absa in my 20+ years banking with them was when I went in to close my Absa accounts. Seems they have that process ironed out :ph34r:

Edited by Mr SingleTrack

You know what ... I have been in store three times to get them to have somebody call me as I want to upgrade my account portfolio, I even heard the lady behind the counter speak to the person and ask them to contact me .... nothing, nada, zip!

About 20min ago I sent an email to FNB as I will rather move over all my accounts, bond, etc to them as they at least have the decency to contact me and seem to be more forward thinking.

So the real solution is simple, find another bank.

+1

I am totally shocked about the poor service of ABSA .........it hass taken the branch now from February to sort something out and still no luck..............where do i go from here to report it ?? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

phone Steve...

I am busy moving all my business away from Absa to another bank, I have been with their group for around 30 years, they have made me so mad lately I decided to move.

I actually think that all the banks are the same so I am not expecting anything different

The best (fastest, most friendly/helpful, etc) service that I received from Absa in my 20+ banking with them was when I went in to close my Absa accounts. Seems they have that process ironed out :ph34r:

Can't wait to try out that great service too soon when I move :)

ABSA sucks.

Their credit card division called my 30min ago to inform me that my card has just gone over the (freakin' huge R1000) limit with a few hundred rand. And that I should pay up immediately or else. While I have them on the phone I log in and see that the wife just did a transaction for groceries. But that transaction should have been declined according to the rules. But somehow ABSA give the OK for the transaction and immediately my CC is in suspension. Even if I transfer funds into the CC it does not show for a 24-48 hour period. And I cannot use the garage card as well. ABSA is shrugging their shoulders and just tell me that "the system" (says with James Earl Jones voice) works like that.

I have been an ABSA client for many years and am pretty sure the system only started to behave like that the last few weeks. Calls to the bank manager and the private banker have fallen on deaf ears because they are all at the mercy of "the system".

Guess it's time to give Steve a call.

The best (fastest, most friendly/helpful, etc) service that I received from Absa in my 20+ years banking with them was when I went in to close my Absa accounts. Seems they have that process ironed out :ph34r:

+1, literally yesterday afternoon. The nicest and most helpful they have been in 25 years of banking.