Post your Pyga

PYGA1

With regards to a fork for the pyga, Wanted to get my pyga a xfusion, but only the bike shed in ct currently service the forks and they aren't allowed to sell service kits/parts due to guarentee obligations. If i was based in ct, it was no issue, but to courier a fork down from gauteng to cape town for each service is probably going to cost more than the service itself.

Still have to decide though, otherwise i'll have to go for the rockshox reba 120 mm for which i will have no problem getting service kits.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to a fork for the pyga, Wanted to get my pyga a xfusion, but only the bike shed in ct currently service the forks and they aren't allowed to sell service kits/parts due to guarentee obligations. If i was based in ct, it was no issue, but to courier a fork down from gauteng to cape town for each service is probably going to cost more than the service itself.

Still have to decide though, otherwise i'll have to go for the rockshox reba 120 mm for which i will have no problem getting service kits.

I've got that issue too. Fortunately I'm in Cape Town often enough, particularly in summer, for it to not be too much of a problem. Otherwise I'll be nice to my brother who lives there half the time and ask him to go for me. Once it's out of warranty, I'll do it myself, at least the lowers service and seals change. It doesn't look too hard. You can get the seals kit online pretty easily it seems.

The full damper service I'll send in for.

Otherwise take it to Velolife who sell the Bergamont bikes including the threesome that comes with an Xfusion velvet. They will probably send it to the xfusion agent on your behalf but won't charge the earth for it.

So it shouldn't be a total deal breaker. But it's not ideal agreed.

• 3 weeks later...

Received my Frame on the 10th last month and started to build. Did the Clarence half-marathon with it last weekend, and what an awesome experience going down the mountain!!

Frame: Pyga 110-29

Fork: Rockshox Revelation 130mm

Wheels: Stans Arch with Hope Hubs

Rotors: 203mm Ice-Tec front and back.

Brakes: Shimano Zee

Crank: Shimano Zee 175mm with Hope 32mm Chain Ring

Casset: Shimano XT 11x36

Detailure: Shimano Zee

Shifter: Shimano Zee

Will post some better pics later.

post-58704-0-26103600-1399835734_thumb.jpgpost-58704-0-65349300-1399835873_thumb.jpg

203mm rear?!! Do you weigh like 200kg??

That back wheel must lock up instantly.. Nobody needs bigger than 180mm on the back.

Received my Frame on the 10th last month and started to build. Did the Clarence half-marathon with it last weekend, and what an awesome experience going down the mountain!!

Frame: Pyga 110-29

Fork: Rockshox Revelation 130mm

Wheels: Stans Arch with Hope Hubs

Rotors: 203mm Ice-Tec front and back.

Brakes: Shimano Zee

Crank: Shimano Zee 175mm with Hope 32mm Chain Ring

Casset: Shimano XT 11x36

Detailure: Shimano Zee

Shifter: Shimano Zee

Will post some better pics later.

post-58704-0-26103600-1399835734_thumb.jpgpost-58704-0-65349300-1399835873_thumb.jpg

:drool: :drool: , saw this bike at Clarens and it was hard restraining myself not to try and steal it :whistling:

Very NICE!

David, love the build, looks great.

A message to anyone who can help:

Does anybody know why my brake caliper is grinding on the top of the rotor on the back when braking(I am told this could be a design fault of the frame as the caliper sits on a lever)? How do I fix this?

Also I have managed to destroy my rear hub, anybody got advice on a good value for money hub to replace it? Looking to spend around R1500

Velo Life have fitted a Rambler Hub for me, reasonably priced and sounds very good. Yet to take it out for a ride. Anybody heard of Rambler? cant find anything on it online?

I stand to be corrected but Rambler is a generic brand from Omnico. They seem to be ok... Been running one on rear wheel for just over 1000km after stock DT Swiss hub died.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it, will chat to the guys and Velolife and see what they suggest re tyres(might not be able to change as I have paid and they where on special) but thanks anyway, sorry for the overreaction Nico, I was obviously in a sensitive mood yesterday

Another things: I am going cycling in Botswana and have been advised to take the oldest set of tyres I have as they will be thrown away afterwards due to the millions of thorns in the thuli block area, I don't have any old tubeless 29er tyres lying around, would anybody know how I could get hold of some for cheap or if I can buy new ones for cheap?

I've been battling with the Racing Ralphs on my oneten. Destroying one every second week and ripping the knobs off. Perhaps I don't realise what this Pyga can take (serial number #073 raw aluminum)...I'm now on LUST / UST Maxxis with plenty of grip. Makes a huge difference especially when you run them at 1.5 bar in front and 1.7 bar in the rear (I'm 77 kg). The point being is that we're underestimating the difference the right tires for specific conditions make especially on our monster Pygas.

You are definitely going to pick up thorns, so be prepared as per the other posts. Take lots of CO2 and make sure you have enough lube and tubes...spare valve would not harm.

Also any tips and tricks for making the tyres as tough as possible?