Post your Pyga

PYGA1

I Bought the normal one, not the B-version which is +3mm for boost frames. It's actually the same crank for 1X or 2X setup. The 1X just comes without a chainring. I Have spoken to Hilton at Pyga and he says the frame is designed for a 49mm chain line(Sram). 1.4mm difference according to what i'm seeing here still won't get a decent line.

Any case :blink: I'm having spacers made with the right dimensions and Bibi is trying to source the right chainring bolts for me.

Can Rapide not help you? http://www.rapide.co.za/product-category/chainrings/ 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Bought the normal one, not the B-version which is +3mm for boost frames. It's actually the same crank for 1X or 2X setup. The 1X just comes without a chainring. I Have spoken to Hilton at Pyga and he says the frame is designed for a 49mm chain line(Sram). 1.4mm difference according to what i'm seeing here still won't get a decent line.

Any case :blink: I'm having spacers made with the right dimensions and Bibi is trying to source the right chainring bolts for me.

Bibi is always a person that comes to the party!

Colin from Kalbo sells spacers and long chainring bolts. He's in PMB. My 120 doesn't have a BB spacer, and I use Kalbo chainring spacers with a 32T oval and its perfect. Shimano SLX crank.

+1 for Bibi ! He always "rides" the extra mile !

Checked with cSixx, rapide, Kalbo, CWC, Evobike, Easybike.......... Not the right stuff. The chainring bolts screw straight in to the crank, doesn't use a "nut". The bolts need to be 16mm long and the spacers must have a 8mm ID.

Need some advice for pedal choice please.

So all my previous bikes use to be "race bikes" and I have always used shimano 520 or 540 SPD's. This being my first venture in the "trail bike" department, I'm not sure witch pedals to buy for the oneten I'm building.  Something like Shimano 530 or XT trail's or Crank Bros Candy or Mallet-E ? From what I've read the CB pedals feel completely different than the SPD's and doesn't release as easy as SPD either. Also read some very crappy reviews about CB pedals. Any thoughts, advice or recommendations ???   

I ride with XT Trail pedals on both my Pyga's.

they nice in that the mechanics are the trusted bullet proof SPD, but at the same time give you the bigger platform, where you can peddle on, not clipped in when going over technical terain.

The CB's #1 don't have a positive clip in for me, and well if you ding technical riding and clipping in and out all the time, I like the positive feedback of the SPD's, I know I'm clipped in where on the CB's you wonder... (the CB;s are nice for long rides, where you clip in once and end doing 60km's. the "thing" you've heard about the CB's are re their bearings, better be ready to service them at least once a year,

My Pyga OneTwenty650, well those pedals are 2013 and no problems, I have a previous set of B's from 2012, same, not a single hitch, 

G

Need some advice for pedal choice please.

So all my previous bikes use to be "race bikes" and I have always used shimano 520 or 540 SPD's. This being my first venture in the "trail bike" department, I'm not sure witch pedals to buy for the oneten I'm building.  Something like Shimano 530 or XT trail's or Crank Bros Candy or Mallet-E ? From what I've read the CB pedals feel completely different than the SPD's and doesn't release as easy as SPD either. Also read some very crappy reviews about CB pedals. Any thoughts, advice or recommendations ???   

I've just gone over from CB candys to Shimano 530. To be honest I don't know why I didn't do it years ago! Feel much more connected now plus I don't have to service the things at least once a year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My CB Mallet E's arrive tomorrow for my OneTen trail bike. 

Apparently the E's address a lot of problems from CB's past. Will have to wait n see.

Always loved the XT trail pedals, but they can be a mission when its muddy, which is something the CB's excell at. 

The new E's are getting good reviews and i needed new pedals, thus trying out the E's.

Word of warning, they dont come cheap. Via CRC and sent DHL, they around R3k all in. vs XT Trails which are freely available locally at less than half that.

So I had some time to kill and decided to fix the chain line problem on my oneten. Works perfectly. Chain line is spot on in a straight line with the chain on the middle sprocket on the cassette. Had to get the right length bolts from CRC and they should arrive sometime next week. 

post-62204-0-65130300-1469627291_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-56516500-1469627304_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-09433600-1469627314_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-53068300-1469627323_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-45703900-1469627336_thumb.jpg

So I had some time to kill and decided to fix the chain line problem on my oneten. Works perfectly. Chain line is spot on in a straight line with the chain on the middle sprocket on the cassette. Had to get the right length bolts from CRC and they should arrive sometime next week. 

Nice!

That bike looks suspiciously clean. Has it ever been out on the trails? :ph34r:

hmmm, ok, I missed part of this thread,

what crank did you get, a 1x ?, if yes then curious why you need to add these spacers as a 1x should be that just small amount shorter, thus making sure the chain ring is in line with the middle gear on the cassette. do not recall fitting these spacers on my Stage.

G

Just looked at my bike... it looks as if there is a normal washer/spacer between the crank and the chainring. Grant build it, I was enjoying looking and having lekker coffee to much to have paid enough detail attention.

G

hmmm, ok, I missed part of this thread,

what crank did you get, a 1x ?, if yes then curious why you need to add these spacers as a 1x should be that just small amount shorter, thus making sure the chain ring is in line with the middle gear on the cassette. do not recall fitting these spacers on my Stage.

G

Check back a page or two. I Did post some pics of the what I'm using and what the problem was. Don't worry you won't have this problem with your Stage. The Stage's hub spacing in the swingarm was changed. They call it a "+5" chain line and it eliminates the bad chain line on a 1X setup.

That crank looks like Shimano's way of screwing all the indie chainring makers out there - forcing owners to buy Shimano rings only. Sneaky.