Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Quick question.  Can a frame that is too small for you cause lower back pain?

Just gooi a 140mm stem on and you can make any small frame fit. It's highly recommended for agressive trail riding too.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gooi a 140mm stem on and you can make any small frame fit. It's highly recommended for agressive trail riding too.

hahahaha :P 

Just be sure to run narrower bars to compensate.  Without knowing anything about you I still think 680mm is perfect, because, internet.  And best to ride clipless pedals to prevent you slipping off the front of your pedals.

Guys I have spoken to and asked for advice suggest anything from 45 to 65. I'm also 6 feet tall 

and also building a large frame. I got a 65 stem with a 760 bar to start with, will see how it goes and

change if I have to.

post-62204-0-79913600-1468491905_thumb.jpg

Guys I have spoken to and asked for advice suggest anything from 45 to 65. I'm also 6 feet tall

and also building a large frame. I got a 65 stem with a 760 bar to start with, will see how it goes and

change if I have to.

That bar is the perfect green.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That bar is the perfect green.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It can only be described as nuclear green. 

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/content/opening/hd/homer-plant.jpg

:D  :lol:  :D nuclear sounds good ! Also kryptonite......at least Clark Kent wont try to steal my bike !

While I was waiting for the bar to arrive  I was nipping that this is going to be overkill green. 

but with the black stem and grips it turned out sharp. On the pics it looks good but when standing next to it, it looks flippin cool !

I actually originally had a long stem on the bike because of the smaller frame, but then found that it affects my downhill performance, and the fact that I could not drop my ass behind the seat for drops.  I can now do that with the shorter stem, but now my lower back is killing me in any race longer than 30km.  Hence me wanting a new bike, and thus my interest in this thread.

Edited by Moridin

Did I mention that I also love that Mamba Green?  The 110 still intrigues me. Decisions, decisions.

110 with a CSixx wheelset, or Stage/Stage Max with a more affordable Flow wheelset?  :drool:

Edited by Moridin

Did I mention that I also love that Mamba Green?  The 110 still intrigues me. Decisions, decisions.

110 with a CSixx wheelset, or Stage/Stage Max with a more affordable Flow wheelset.

I'd still say Stage Max. 126mm at the back, and 140mm up front. Unreal.

110 with a CSixx wheelset, or Stage/Stage Max with a more affordable Flow wheelset?  :drool:

Definitely the latter... 

I'd save my pennies for a Max... But I  also really loved my 110...

Sizing (based on my height of 185cm). Said this before somewhere here I think. Knowing what I know now, if I  was buying my 110 again I would have gone with an XL instead of an L and the shortest stem possible. I ran 760 bars on my bike  and the same 50mm stem that I  have on my Max. Running 780's on my Max and it feels a lot better for me (except on single track in forest, then life becomes scary!).

Tom

Ive been stalking a 110 since they came out but was never in a position to pull the trigger. Ticks all the boxes for me coming from a Trance 29 that was awesome going downhill but a bit of a mule going up or on flat ground, shame seems I have killed my second Trance ????. The Stages are awesome but way out of my price range and I'm wary of Tupperware bikes. Must say that the price for a 110 frame is very steep for a Alu frame, would have liked a Stumpy too but fortunately/ unfortunately they don't sell frames. Plus having met Hilton and Pat a few times I can't think of better guys to buy a bike from!!