Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So guy's, help me out please !!! Its the oneten that I am building.

This is what I am using.

post-62204-0-12405700-1469105506_thumb.jpg

No spacer used between the frame and bb and also no spacer on crank spindle ?

That's why i'm confused :wacko:

Just be careful moving the chainring inwards towards the frame. I did this on my OneTwenty (32T oval) using the Kalbo ones (maybe 2mm) and is caused the chainring to rub on the chainstay at full suspension travel.

So let all the air out of your shock, depress the bike and check that as well when fiddling.

Edited by Thermophage

Posted Today, 15:03

Then I'd advise that you use the spacers that you've put on the crank arm so that the chainline is improved. 

Well that seems like the only fix. Not that easy though. Can't find any 5mm spacers so I'll have to get them made. Can't find long enough bolts, so will have to get from across the pond.

Was hoping that dedicated 1X would fit and line up somewhat better ?

Posted Today, 15:03

Then I'd advise that you use the spacers that you've put on the crank arm so that the chainline is improved. 

Well that seems like the only fix. Not that easy though. Can't find any 5mm spacers so I'll have to get them made. Can't find long enough bolts, so will have to get from across the pond.

Was hoping that dedicated 1X would fit and line up somewhat better ?

Give the PYGA boys and girls a call ... they could have a solution for you.

110 travel. Handling is excellent. My old bike was a 26" hardtail, so its very different. With this bike you just point it at a corner and go. 

Edited by kjind

110 travel. Handling is excellent. My old bike was a 26" hardtail, so its very different. With this bike you just point it at a corner and go.

Very nice Kjind!! You're making me envious! Have to wait for the new stock to arrive in the harbour????

No spacer used between the frame and bb and also no spacer on crank spindle ?

That's why i'm confused :wacko:

Just thinking now - which version of the XT crank did you buy? The one with the 50.4mm chainline or the one with the 53.4mm chainline for BOOST?

I Bought the normal one, not the B-version which is +3mm for boost frames. It's actually the same crank for 1X or 2X setup. The 1X just comes without a chainring. I Have spoken to Hilton at Pyga and he says the frame is designed for a 49mm chain line(Sram). 1.4mm difference according to what i'm seeing here still won't get a decent line.

Any case :blink: I'm having spacers made with the right dimensions and Bibi is trying to source the right chainring bolts for me.