Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using a short or a long stem?

Going for super short stem was a winner in my case? Anyway I also think long stems belong on road bikes.

I have a 70mm stem already. Don't wanna go longer than that.

Hehe....ok...this is my Pyga...just finished the build on Friday..

Where did you purchase the spider for 2x?

I have a 70mm stem already. Don't wanna go longer than that.

You might have misread?

Going super short was the winner for me, using a 35mm stem on my 110.

Rode a white One10 in A batch there but did not see many others

I saw 2 green ones, a orange and white one around the start area.

I am in the process of doing a complete strip down of my OneTen 29 after a long ride that involved lots of mud and 18 stream crossing some of which were deep enough to completely submerge the BB and hubs. I have two things I want to get advice or an opinion on.

One of the things I'm looking at improving is the cable routing. I currently route the rear dérailleur cable down the top of the down tube and straight across the top of the BB into the chainstay. I noticed that when the swing arm moves up it's actually putting tension on the cable causing it to sliding in and out of the chain stay. I spotted the photo above and see that here the the cable is suspended from the shock lower pivot sleeve with zip ties. How is this working out? Is the zip tie wearing the sleeve on the shock pivot at all? I'd imagine that there would be quite a bit of rub from the zip tie on that sleeve.

Whilst reinstalling my shock, I noticed that when I tighten up the shock lower pivot bolt it seems to be clamping the shock pivot and making it stiff for the shock to pivot freely. I assume this is not normal and must affect the suppleness of the rear suspension due to the friction of rotating about the pivot. I tightened to a torque of 16Nm which I don't think is excessive. Any ideas on how I can free up the pivoting on the lower pivot? I've done nothing to the shock apart from removing and cleaning it and can see no easy obvious way to remove the sleeve from the shock eyes.

This is my cable routing. For about 2 years 

post-58456-0-67849900-1476078277_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Back in April I was having a great time riding on Helderberg trails with buddies and then suddenly Hurricane claimed another victim. I decided it was time to give up the "Anthem is a trailbike dream", I removed the dropper and fat tyres and started planning...

Today I have come to Post my Pyga:

The couch photo: (Previous owner's couch, thanks Nigel)

post-10965-0-69459500-1476270964_thumb.jpg

The paintwork was in a bad way, scuffs and chips allover, I am the 3rd owner after all. I just love the finish on the early OneTens with the raw clearcoat so I set about removing the paint.

post-10965-0-70133700-1476270978_thumb.jpg

post-10965-0-09772200-1476270993_thumb.jpg

Dodgy bearings replaced and all back together. Mattoc on loan from the LBS (thanks Will)

post-10965-0-05801100-1476271001_thumb.jpg

Finished it off with 1x10 (34 x 11-36) drivetrain and whatever I could scrape together raound the garage.

post-10965-0-14037500-1476271109_thumb.jpg

After a run down Helderberg the next day it was obvious the 720mm bars had to go and the gearing was quite taxing uphill so I ordered an oval ring and riser bars from Rapide.

post-10965-0-10637800-1476273585_thumb.jpg

The rear is pretty much dialled but I'm yet to get the Mattoc exactly how I want it. Vinyl decals and wheels to follow shortly.

Like what you did there with the cable tie at the rear shock. If it's not patent might just try it ????

It works great . Here is pic of the front derailleur and rear brake cable routing .

You use a old cable hosing and cable tie 

post-58456-0-24782400-1476281654_thumb.jpg

post-58456-0-56806100-1476281947_thumb.jpg

It works great . Here is pic of the front derailleur and rear brake cable routing .

You use a old cable hosing and cable tie 

Nice use of our AMS frame protection kits ;)

Hi guys,

I am more than happy with my Anthem Advanced, but... these Pyga's just seem special. Congrats to all you owners, lovely bikes.

Have a great day

Sarge.

Can anyone shed light here. I've had a OneTwenty for over 3 years now, and there's an ever so slight "clunk-clunk" in the rear suspension, when I'm off the bike and I lightly push down on the saddle. I can feel it when I'm riding - a tiny looseness somewhere. My best guess is the actual rear shock bushes - but I wanted to know if this has come around with anyone else? And where does one find replacement bushes if that is indeed the problem?

Tx in advance.