And.... With a few trinkets added today:

post-4683-0-44070300-1346349155.jpg

Build is:

Fox Float RL Fork

XT, except brakes, they're SLX

FSA Afterburner stem and handlebars

ESI Chunky grips

Gray Loaded Seatpost

KCNC Seat clamp (soon to be a red Loaded seat clamp)

Selle Italia C2 Saddle

Stans Crest wheelset

Blackburn bottle cages.

My impressions so far... Awesome bike, no photos can justify just how nice the raw finish is. I haven't ridden a hardtail in 8 years, I found this bike handles far better than my 26er. I am amazed how it climbs!! And the singletrack..... WOW!

Now all I need is more time to ride the damn beast!!!

Wow that seat post looks very nice. Is that grey or silver? Where dyou get the loaded stuff?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that seat post looks very nice. Is that grey or silver? Where dyou get the loaded stuff?

The seatpost is gray. Now I need a red stem and gray handlebar from Loaded and it's sorted! Buycyle has a decent range of Loaded stuff.

You can also contact W Squared Cycles in Hilton, who are the Loaded agents. They have the lot in store and I'm sure they will post to you. I bought my seatpost and clamp from them.

What BBs is everyone using. I put in a cheap Shimano plastic one and its creaking already. Gonna regrease the axle & splines but I wondered if there was a better option. Are all press fit BBs plastic?

Surely press fit means you actually press the sealed bearings into the frame? What part if that could be plastic

Shimano's version of press fit comes in a whole unit, not unlike the Hollowtech screw in one. So the bearing cups and tube are plastic. The whole thing cost me about R200, so I need to find out if here are better options to this piece of plastic cr#p.

Shimano's version of press fit comes in a whole unit, not unlike the Hollowtech screw in one. So the bearing cups and tube are plastic. The whole thing cost me about R200, so I need to find out if here are better options to this piece of plastic cr#p.

They are all like that as far as I know. (Shimano & Sram)

But Chris King has entered the fray: http://www.bikerumor...ssfit-bbs-more/

post-615-0-99366400-1348552663_thumb.jpg

Pity no BB90.

I guess I just strip the crank, grease everything and retorque it all. The BB is new, I've ridden maybe 150 kays on it.

Hi there

How about some pics of where you put the tape.

G

I use 3M Scotchgard in rolls, works the best, expensive, but compared to most kits its cheaper.

Hi there

How about some pics of where you put the tape.

G

Beneath the downtube, on top of the top tube, crank arms and other cable rub points.

Anyone with a Black Pyga.

Please post pics.

G

Page 3. Pretty sure it's the only black one that came out the factory. Others, would've been bought raw and sprayed by the owner.

White Gobi now replaced by a black Gobi.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance you can pm me a pic, with a lighter background, showing the black more,

whats the specs of the components added.

G

Putting mine to use...

post-12909-0-82098700-1349687779_thumb.jpg