Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks, and clamp diameter?

Most FD's these days come with spacers to cover a range of options but this frame is 34.9

Most FD's these days come with spacers to cover a range of options but this frame is 34.9

Ok thanks!

Ok thanks!

I also used PVC piping as a spacer on my frame as it was 29.8 and had a 31 clamp, It worked the bomb and cost me less than 5 Rand. A lil off topic but I don't often have anything useful to say so I took the opportunity :offtopic:

Couple of pictures... sorry better at building and riding bikes than taking pics....

Looking great, have you taken it out for a decent ride yet ?

Collected my PYGA Zero29 on Monday:

post-4683-0-41724500-1346347244.jpg

After the first ride on Tuesday:post-4683-0-89053800-1346349013.jpg

And.... With a few trinkets added today:

post-4683-0-44070300-1346349155.jpg

Build is:

Fox Float RL Fork

XT, except brakes, they're SLX

FSA Afterburner stem and handlebars

ESI Chunky grips

Gray Loaded Seatpost

KCNC Seat clamp (soon to be a red Loaded seat clamp)

Selle Italia C2 Saddle

Stans Crest wheelset

Blackburn bottle cages.

My impressions so far... Awesome bike, no photos can justify just how nice the raw finish is. I haven't ridden a hardtail in 8 years, I found this bike handles far better than my 26er. I am amazed how it climbs!! And the singletrack..... WOW!

Now all I need is more time to ride the damn beast!!!

Build completed, bleeding R1's an absolute pleasure.... spent ALOT of time getting the cable routing and especially hose/cable lengths absolutely right....

Put some protective tape down on strategic spots, this made me realize how the raw finish would be ABSOLUTELY REALLY HOT with a clear coat, so much so that I am still contemplating getting it done...

What was more astounding is the build weight, as in the pictures its 10.705 complete.

I swopped the wheels with my BigTop ones, which are exactly the same, but have maxxis and an XTR cassette, drops weight to 10.550, I'm convinced with something as small as a lighter chain I can get to below 10.5 easy...

No ride yet, will have to wait until the weekend....

I picked my dual suspension pyga a couple of weeks ago - great bike! Tell me have you looked any further into the clear coat?

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I was told. Then I found frames at Designinmotioncycles.

Ok cool! Pulled the trigger on one? I was able to get one (it did not pass the initial QC), but rather went with a well priced SC Highball...

Ok cool! Pulled the trigger on one? I was able to get one (it did not pass the initial QC), but rather went with a well priced SC Highball...

Highball is awesome, congratulations, pics?