Post your Pyga

PYGA1

I honestly don't know what the 42k build is, is that a special pyga is running?

The Trailhead are running a special.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

meneer....I bought the rollin chassis, but I didn't skimp with that...its the top pike and the top monarch, reverb stealth and spank wiele(which I really like...strong mother but not the lightest)

The group I used is 2014 XT group(2x10...yes I know 1x11 is cooler but I really love my grannie and well I had it)...will maybe change rotors later to 180's. I don't know how much exactly cost me because of all the borrow from other bikes but gun to my head...I think you are in for about 50-55k if you shop around. 

Ok cool.  I see they do a XO1, XT stoppers build for R56k (so I suppose R51k'ish after haggling for the 10%...), but just wonder what the R42k build would look like.  Have asked and received half answers - apparantly it rolls on the same suspension, but that's all they say???

Ok cool.  I see they do a XO1, XT stoppers build for R56k (so I suppose R51k'ish after haggling for the 10%...), but just wonder what the R42k build would look like.  Have asked and received half answers - apparantly it rolls on the same suspension, but that's all they say???

if its the same suspension(top pike and monarch) its a bargain...

The Trailhead are running a special.

ah...whilst on the topic, jason was a big help with my build...I quickly ran out of talent with that dropper and freewheels I had to convert....put everything in a black bag and took it to him and said build pls.

love their work

Ok cool. I see they do a XO1, XT stoppers build for R56k (so I suppose R51k'ish after haggling for the 10%...), but just wonder what the R42k build would look like. Have asked and received half answers - apparantly it rolls on the same suspension, but that's all they say???

Yeah, same suspension but I THINK it's a gx gruppo and deore brakes, with cheaper wheels. Not 100% sure tho

Yeah, same suspension but I THINK it's a gx gruppo and deore brakes, with cheaper wheels. Not 100% sure tho

Well even that would be great value. Wheels can always be broken and rebuilt later in life, but with that suspension, dropper and groupset you have 90% great bike.

I also think that yellow and Black Pop's

G

Ta dom, I am proper chuffed...wrt to colours...Ja the black and yellow is cool just by itself, but I didn't want to just have black and I also didn't want to play matchie matchie with everything, the red is a nice break on the cockpit...mismatch is the new black lol.

Well even that would be great value. Wheels can always be broken and rebuilt later in life, but with that suspension, dropper and groupset you have 90% great bike.

True...top suspension and dropper...that is the foundation anyway...you can upgrade(probably don't really need to even) as and when you have some money. 

edit

just check if its the pike rct3 and monarch plus rc3

Edited by rouxtjie

I heard that Pyga updated the rocker link a while ago. Does anyone know why and what the difference is? I have an early 120, and while I'm really happy with it, I can't help wondering if there's a difference.

I heard that Pyga updated the rocker link a while ago. Does anyone know why and what the difference is? I have an early 120, and while I'm really happy with it, I can't help wondering if there's a difference.

Previous ones were susceptible to cracking. They changed the design to prevent this. From what I understand, if you have an old one that cracks they'll give you a new one.

Edited by Ryanpmb

True...top suspension and dropper...that is the foundation anyway...you can upgrade(probably don't really need to even) as and when you have some money. 

edit

just check if its the pike rct3 and monarch plus rc3

Yeah. It MAY be the RC / RT mix... Trying to locate the post now. 

Yes. Doesn't include the Reverb dropper though and the forks are the RC versions (not RCT3).

Was chatting with the Pyga guys today. Mark Sat 12 September in your calendar if you want to check out and test ride the Stage, Stage Max, the new 650B and 29er hardtails and any of the other ally trail bikes.

Obviously our excellent coffee and breakfasts will be served.

In other news:

There is a 10% discount on all current bikes.

The GX build is arriving in the next few weeks which will price the Pascoe at about R42k and the 110 and 120 at just under R40k.

Here you go, Nico