Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Does anyone know when exactly the new OneTen frames will be ready? They said early December. I really hope it is before the 15th, otherwise it will probably run over to next year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Selling my 2015 Pyga OneTwenty (small) - price R35k, negotiable. Advert is in the classifieds section of this site, under dual-sus MTB.  She's a beauty, just a little aggressive on the downhills for me.

post-62657-0-95820800-1512569949_thumb.jpg

I'm hating having to sell, but she deserves to be with someone who uses her to full potential  ;)  

Cheers, Dawn

Does anyone know when exactly the new OneTen frames will be ready? They said early December. I really hope it is before the 15th, otherwise it will probably run over to next year.

I got a "maybe" on mine for next week Friday (15th) 

I got a "maybe" on mine for next week Friday (15th)

I also got a update that they will send them out next week. I really hope there are no hiccups and that they don’t close for the holidays before the frames are out.

Hi all.

Selling my 2015 Pyga OneTwenty (small) - price R35k, negotiable. Advert is in the classifieds section of this site, under dual-sus MTB.  She's a beauty, just a little aggressive on the downhills for me.

attachicon.gifPyga one twenty.jpg

I'm hating having to sell, but she deserves to be with someone who uses her to full potential  ;)  

Cheers, Dawn

Most under-rated, most flexible bike in SA.

For all Stage & Stage MAX owners out there;

Is there still interest around for a cover for the high derailleur mount on the frames?

If yes, I'll draw one  :D

Cheers,

Edited by flowCountry

post-35775-0-99211200-1513145830_thumb.jpgpost-35775-0-94915900-1513145850_thumb.jpg

My new toy. Pyga Stage - Raw carbon and silver.

SID World Cup 100 mm fork

Monarch RT3 shock

XO1 crank

GX Eagle

750mm carbon bar (thanks Rapide - awesome products)

60mm stem

Conti X King 2.2 rear

Conti X King 2.4 front

Ritchey stem

• 5 weeks later...

Christmas present to myself:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q8w048.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/dq3n04.jpg

post-62657-0-68591800-1515755697_thumb.jpg

Built by the chaps at Meerendal - Knipe Racing as a super light XCO bike. Since these photos we have added a Next Crank and an FRM carbon bar so the weight is actually a little less now.

I'm a super weight weenie as I'm 6ft and 64kg, so not much to lose on me. Hoping this is a little less expensive on parts than my previous brand. So far it has proven to be quicker downhill as well.

A few notes on the build: the paint was removed so it has a raw carbon finish. Titanium seatpost and bolts in most places.

Uhm, guys. Just so you know. Pyga's have been overpriced since day 1. The market is just now evening out in regards to their actual value. 

I agree with you. Back in the day when I was looking for a bike, a 110 compared to others with the same components cost between R8-R10k more and Pyga wasn't looking to budge on their pricing so they lost a customer. 

I agree with you. Back in the day when I was looking for a bike, a 110 compared to others with the same components cost between R8-R10k more and Pyga wasn't looking to budge on their pricing so they lost a customer. 

Were the others Mass Produced frames or also a lower volume "boutique" type brand like PYGA .... you can't expect someone making 10 cupcakes to charge the same as someone making 5000 cupcakes, if you know what I mean.

Neither of my Pyga's (first OneTwenty Order and supplied to customer, First Pyga Stage Ordered) were cheap when I bought/build them, compared to similar builds at the time, and the stage actually have had some changes to it making it more expensive now, with some more changes on the cards.

Would I change my mind knowing now if I was to redo this, not in a million years. Nearly bought one of the 110 frames last week, finances just decided against it.

G

Were the others Mass Produced frames or also a lower volume "boutique" type brand like PYGA .... you can't expect someone making 10 cupcakes to charge the same as someone making 5000 cupcakes, if you know what I mean.

I assume they do their own distribution locally, so I would argue they are overpriced compared to every other imported bike where the frame is also manufactured in Taiwan, and sold to the local agent/distributor.

The "because it's a boutique brand" argument is also BS, as generally they are considered to be of better value everywhere else in the world.

So whether they are overpriced due to being inherently uncompetitive or having very healthy margins, you can do better buying elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "boutique brand" def have a impact, they don't have the big volume big reduced price negotiation ability with the big factories.

One of the most expensive things when doing a Carbon Frame is actually having the moulds made, other than the discount / reduced price for volume, this cost is also distributed between the amount of modes per size thats made, If they have 5 moulds, and make 100bikes for that frame size, then that mould cost goes into 20 bikes, Huge cost.

Now considering a boutique brand brand, having to still deliver awesome service, that implies spare parts and frames, that cost is also distributed between say 100/200 bikes per size for a Brand like Pyga, Merida, it's distributed between 100 000 bikes min.

boutique brand and increased cost is a definitely fact of life, you either willing to pay the premium or the Brand is not for you.

G

I assume they do their own distribution locally, so I would argue they are overpriced compared to every other imported bike where the frame is also manufactured in Taiwan, and sold to the local agent/distributor.
The "because it's a boutique brand" argument is also BS, as generally they are considered to be of better value everywhere else in the world.

So whether they are overpriced due to being inherently uncompetitive or having very healthy margins, you can do better buying elsewhere.

The "boutique brand" def have a impact, they don't have the big volume big reduced price negotiation ability with the big factories.

One of the most expensive things when doing a Carbon Frame is actually having the moulds made, other than the discount / reduced price for volume, this cost is also distributed between the amount of modes per size thats made, If they have 5 moulds, and make 100bikes for that frame size, then that mould cost goes into 20 bikes, Huge cost.

Now considering a boutique brand brand, having to still deliver awesome service, that implies spare parts and frames, that cost is also distributed between say 100/200 bikes per size for a Brand like Pyga, Merida, it's distributed between 100 000 bikes min.

boutique brand and increased cost is a definitely fact of life, you either willing to pay the premium or the Brand is not for you.

G

I'm very much familiar with the intricacies of carbon fibre manufacturing and the economies of scale.

Like I said, elsewhere in world many of the smaller brands offer better value for money than the big brands like spez, trek etc.

I'm hesitant to reference their local competitor for speaking under correction, but Momsen bikes have always offered better value than Pyga and we can assume their sales volumes should be similar.

Also, it's not only their carbon frames that are expensive as the alloy frames were just as, and more expensive than other brands.